Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-25 18:17:25

stig

Problems sharing large image on social media

I have designed my galleries on two different levels, where some galleries are on level one, and some on level 2. This might seem confusing, but it is in order to gather similar topics under one heading on the top-level album set. I use it for "Steder", (Places), to display collections of different places I have photographed in. My albums can be seen at brathaug.no/stig.

I wanted to test the option to let the user share a picture on social media, and I used the method where you in the backlight system select "Image sharing" under the heading "Large Image Presentation". I have different templates for the top-level galleries and the level 2 galleries. I turned this option ON for both templates, cleared the cache and to be safe regenerated some pictures.

The result was that the button for sharing a picture on social media shows up in all large images, but when selected in a top level gallery the result is just a slightly greyed display, while at the level 2 picture it results in making the buttons for facebook etc available, and they function correctly.

I have gone through the settings for my different templates, but cannot find anything that should imply this difference, and need some help / tips to get further on this.

Top level gallery can be seen at http://stig.familyds.com/stig/mine-web- … e-nyheter/

Level 2 gallery can be seen at http://stig.familyds.com/stig/mine-web- … der/paris/

You can see the difference by selecting large display of any picture in these galleries oand the select "Bildemeny(Image sharing)" up in the right hand corner.

Please let me know if this makes any sense, if else I will have to rephrase it.

Regards
Stig

#2 2017-04-25 22:11:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: Problems sharing large image on social media

what browser are you viewing in?
I've checked in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari for iOS and both albums are working as expected. No problem in image sharing.

Beside clearing template cache, try clearing browser cache and looking in different browsers.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-04-26 16:41:27

stig

Re: Problems sharing large image on social media

Thank you for your answer.

I am using Chrome, and it seems that the problem is with my units: It works on my ios mobile using chrome, it works on my ipad using safari and on my pc using microsoft edge, but not using chrome on my ipad or my pc.

I have tried units outside my network and it seems to work ok.

Life has to provide us with some mysteries I assume.

Stig

Board footer