Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-15 15:42:51

mark

uploadRendition errors

Hi,

I'm getting an error message on some photos on upload. It comes back with

"Unable to update this collection
Unable to perform action: uploadRendition

This is happening for some but not all photos. I've tried setting the max upload size in php.ini and also maxed out the "Photos for Purchase" size on the template - Addins/Cart. Now I'm out of ideas and need to get these photos uploaded yesterday sad

Thanks,
Mark

ps I tried to copy the Backlight error log but the forum software wouldn't let me

#2 2017-04-15 19:33:29

Ben

Re: uploadRendition errors

Hi Mark, who are you hosting with?  Can you email me the ttg.log file found under Documents on your computer, using the Email link under my picture?

#3 2017-04-15 21:24:56

Ben

Hi Mark, thanks for the log file.  What setting are you trying to use for the max upload size?  If set to 8MB, can you try increasing it to something like 12MB?

The errors do look to be related to file size.  Each result of "The page sent an action which was not available" has a corresponding error such as this:

<p>Unexpected error: POST Content-Length of 8687078 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0</p>

The second figure is equivalent to 8MB.  The largest failed image is around 9.4MB.

#4 2017-04-16 01:52:53

mark

Hi Ben,

thanks for the quick response, awesome smile

After much digging I discovered that the post_max_size variable was set to the default 8MB. So changed this to 12 and all good. Took me a while to work out what was going on as the MultiPHP.ini Editor app that my host provides to let me administer the site didn't have post_max_size as one of its base variable settings so I had to manually set this. 

Cheers
Mark

Board footer