Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-21 08:18:56

Panagon
Website

Thumbnail size in masonry album set

In the  "Album Set Setup" under "Thumbnails" I chose Masonry. I want to increase the size of the thumbnail. When I change the "Max-width per Column" the size of the thumbnail does not change. Any idea why?

#2 2017-03-21 08:35:08

rod barbee
Website

Re: Thumbnail size in masonry album set

Thumbnails in album sets are sourced from the albums within the set. So if you want the album set thumbnails to be larger, either increase the albums' thumbnail size or create and use custom thumbnails.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-04-01 23:34:06

pideja

My custom thumbnails are 954px by 537px and I set the Album Set and the Album thumbnail size to 500px by 282px in Iconic mode on a 3 column design.

Thumbnails are small and contain a title. Isn't Iconic supposed to be an "image only" style? And why are the thumbnails still so small?

http://pideja.ca/nat/en/galleries/

UPDATE:Changed Album Max-width size to 500px and voilà! Now I realize it's too big but at least I know where to make the adjustment.

Last edited by pideja (2017-04-01 23:40:48)

#4 2017-04-01 23:49:38

pideja

What I don't understand is that the actual size of the thumbnails is 954pixels wide but when I set the thumbnail size and/or the Album Max-width size to 300 pixels, the image seems slightly blurred, as the original size was too small.

#5 2017-04-02 14:00:32

Matthew
Administrator
Website

To grab one thumbnail as an example, your catamini thumbnail is 168x95 pixels, so being blurred in being upscaled to a larger size. If you're pulling the thumbnail from the published "album" -- in this case, a Theater video presentation -- then you should increase the output width and height for thumbnails in the Theater template, then re-publish. Make sure you have publisher settings set to update image renditions as well as metadata when republishing albums.

Otherwise, you can provide a custom thumbnail at whatever dimensions you like, then tell the album to use that instead.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer