Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-25 22:23:25

Markus FFM

Thumbnail size - Header

Good day,

1) I have some problems with the size of the thumbnails:

I have set all thumbnail sizes I could find in templates (both album set and album templates) to 168 width + 168 height.

I republished an album from Lightroom, the width of the thumbnails in Backlight now is 168, but the height is whatever it takes to keep the correct aspect ratio having a width of 168. I would expect that 168 is used for either height or width whatever if larger and the other dimension is smaller to keep the correct aspect ratio. Is my expectation wrong or are there some settings missing from my side?

2) How can I customize the header section of Backlight pages? I mean the area above the navigation area.
The only option I found yet is to set a Company Name in the Backlight Settings, which is displayed as text in the header.

Thanks,
Markus

#2 2017-03-25 22:33:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: Thumbnail size - Header

What type of thumbnail presentation are you using? Classic, masonry... (Links always help)

What header customization are you looking to do? You can do several things like using a graphic logo or completely replacing it with your own code (via phplugins)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-03-25 23:18:26

Markus FFM

Hi Rod,

I use Classic Style.

This is the album published after changing the settings (before there was a mix of sizes resulting in some stretching of thumbnails):

http://www.entscheidend-is-aufm-platz.c … 016_02_07/

BTW, template cache is cleared.

For the header, nothing special, just the option to use custom text other than the Company name including some formating and maybe some image elements.
You already mentioned phpplugins, so obviously there is the option to replace some parts of the code with customized code?

Rgds,
Markus

Last edited by Markus FFM (2017-03-25 23:19:01)

#4 2017-03-26 00:31:35

rod barbee
Website

I republished an album from Lightroom, the width of the thumbnails in Backlight now is 168, but the height is whatever it takes to keep the correct aspect ratio having a width of 168.

Yes, this is how it works. If you don't care about maintaining the aspect ratio, you can try different dimensions for the cells as well as different thumb sizes. If you set the cells to be 200 x 200 and set thumb size to 300 x 300, you'll get cells that are full of the image, though cropped square, for example.

For the header, nothing special, just the option to use custom text other than the Company name including some formating and maybe some image elements.

There are two fields in the Masthead control area: Identity and Tagline. If you disable the Identity Plate, these fields are used for the masthead.
There is no option for an image plus text, but there are a couple of options you could try:

1) Create an image in Photoshop that uses an image and text. Save this image as a jpg or png and upload using the Backlight uploader. Use this image as the Identity Plate.

2) Using phplugins, completely replace the masthead with one of your own making. You'll need to create the html and styling.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer