Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-14 02:03:38

benm

Hosting and other problems

Hi, Since my last post I completely reloaded Backlight and I have managed to build my site (benmiflin.net) but still have problems as follows:

ONE
I still get the message “Something went wrong
Unexpected error: Module 'gmp' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
Please report error at http://community.theturninggate.net

As Ben advised I read his post re Bluehost and took the issue up with the hosting company (https://www.bestwebhosting.co.uk/). Their latest response was
“Errors such as "Unexpected error: Module 'gmp' already loaded in Unknown on line 0" mean that our PHP config have correctly loaded modules and the script is trying to load them again, or additional custom configuration within your hosting account.
Modules should be loaded by the PHP config, rather than by a web application.

You can disable modules from your custom php install via the control panel > PHP selector > and then unchecking the options not required.”

I am not expert enough to comment on the first para but I have tried the second suggestion by accessing my cPanel going to PHP selector and changing the default PHP from 5.6 (native), which does not allow changes,  to 5.6 (and several  others) which allows me to access extensions and options. Whether or not i disable anything when I subsequently log on to my website I get the message
"Unable to find the PDO module. Backlight requires the PDO, SQLite and XML modules. Make sure that these modules are installed and enabled."
If I revert to PHP 5.6native my website loads OK but still with the original message.

TWO
I cannot seem to get rid of  “Lorem ipsum ….) from my contact page whatever I do in the template and pages modules. The contact form works fine.

THREE
I have enabled photoswipe in the Album Templates designer. Sometimes the images come up with the Photoswipe controls but more often these are missing. This is independent of whether I use Safari, Firefox or iOS, My Java is up to date.

It may be that the last two problems are linked to the first. Apart from that I seem to have other things working to design the site.
Any further help or suggestions gratefully appreciated
Kind regards
Ben

#2 2017-03-14 02:17:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: Hosting and other problems

TWO
I cannot seem to get rid of  “Lorem ipsum ….) from my contact page whatever I do in the template and pages modules. The contact form works fine.

Go to Designer > Contact Forms and edit the form to remove or change that text.

THREE
I have enabled photoswipe in the Album Templates designer. Sometimes the images come up with the Photoswipe controls but more often these are missing. This is independent of whether I use Safari, Firefox or iOS, My Java is up to date.

It looks to me that those albums are using a template set up to display Single HTML. But something like what you're seeing has happened before.
It could also be a caching problem. You can try clearing template cache by clicking on Designer, then clicking on the Clear Template Cache link.
You can also try the advice here: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=6584 even though it's not the same problem.

For your first issue, that's something Ben will need to look into further.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-03-14 03:03:50

benm

Hi Rod,
Thanks for quick reply. TWO your suggestion solved problem. Many thanks
THREE I am trying to clear all caches and look at the link you gave me - so far no success but it is supper time so will try later

Many thanks for you help
BenM

#4 2017-03-14 03:09:32

rod barbee
Website

Another thing to try is updating the album files.
Go to Backlight > Publisher. Under Special Links, click on Update Album Files.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2017-03-14 04:55:29

benm

Thanks Rod,

I updated album files and re-cleared all caches. Photoswipe has now appeared on Safari, both on Macbook pro and iPad, but not in Firefox on both. To check if Firefox was ignoring the Photoswipe and going straight to HTML single image, I changed the border in the options on the Album template, large image settings below the photoswipe options, to a large horrible red. This then shows up on Firefox suggesting that somehow the Photoswipe  selection is being ignored. and it is reading straight through to the single image.

Maybe need to wait to clear the other problem but many thanks for your help
Ben

#6 2017-03-14 06:19:12

rod barbee
Website

Are you using the latest version of Backlight? (1.1.1)

I'm still seeing the Single HTML large images (now with big red border!) in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Edge, and IE11

I believe that the Single HTML settings are included with the Photoswipe setup in the designer because the single html pages are used for permalinks.

So when you set that red border under the Single HTML settings, it appears on your site. Now the only thing is to figure out why Photoswipe isn't appearing. That, and the error message, will be something for Ben to dive into.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2017-03-14 06:33:36

benm

Yes latest 1.1.1  version downloaded about a week ago. I must be doing something simple that is wrong but I have checked the template, Photoswipe is on, image sharing on and the other two choices off. Caches cleared. The change to red borders came up after the templated was changed suggesting that the template got picked up by the website but the photoswipe was ignored. It has also now disappeared on Safari on the Mac but still working on the iPad. Thanks for all your efforts, much appreciated, but its doing my head in and I am off to bed.
Best wishes

#8 2017-03-14 07:52:40

Ben

Hi Ben,
ONE: Backlight makes no use of modules like that.  I found the following link which outlines a probable cause and solution.  http://www.somacon.com/p520.php

Can you run that by your host's technical support?  Seeing your php info page may help.  Can you email me a Backlight admin login, via the Email link under my picture?

#9 2017-03-15 18:45:17

benm

Just to complete this post the problems have now been solved as follows:

ONE After Ben's advice I have managed to get the hosting company to solve this by discovering that certain
modules were not showing as loaded within my custom PHP setup and loading a custom version of PHP for me. Thank you Ben for all the research and advice.

TWO Thanks to Rod for sorting this.

THREE Once the site started to load without error mesages this problem disappeared and Photoswipe appears to be working on my devices and browsers.

Thanks to Rod and Ben for their help in solving these issues - I can now get on with building my site.

smile smile

#10 2017-03-15 21:00:08

rod barbee
Website

Good to hear smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer