Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-04 03:28:49

Jon@hpx
Website

Search engine error in Backlight

While testing the various facets of my backlight site, I discovered that the search function fails to present a larger image of found photos. I get this error message:

"Something went wrong

Unable to find view with name single in GenericEngine.php on line 441"

So, I agree something went wrong. Can anyone tell me how to figure out what and correct it?

Thanks.

#2 2017-03-04 03:35:10

rod barbee
Website

Re: Search engine error in Backlight

Hi Jon,

can you provide a link to your Backlight site? The link provided goes to a CE4 site

are you using the latest version of Backlight?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-03-04 05:53:48

Ben

Hi Jon, the modules that can be used for search templates need to have a file 'single' in them.  For some reason, it sounds like your search template, or the template of the album that the image originally resides in, doesn't have the 'single' file. 

It's more complicated than an actual file.  I can't see any broken images on your site's search page.  Can you provide a link to the search page with the issue, and any other information such as search terms and the actual image or images that exhibits the issue?

#4 2017-03-04 15:09:12

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Ben wrote:

... the modules that can be used for search templates need to have a file 'single' in them ...

Which limits usable templates to those based on the "Standard Album" template type. I don't know if it's even possible to select a Theater album template to be used for search, but if so, don't do it; select a standard album template instead.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2017-03-04 20:28:10

Ben

I can see what looks to be the problem.  The results page creates links to singles pages.  This should typically be handled by Javascript to open as large images within the search page.  If the image is from a Theater album then this works when clicking the image.  Opening the link in a new tab results in the error message.  If this error happens with a click on the image then it implies that the gallery isn't working as expected.
Jon, it would be great if you could chime in with the link to your search page and instructions on what to search and which image to click on.

#6 2017-03-04 22:59:52

Jon@hpx
Website

Sorry the delay. I got distracted by events yesterday.

The problem was occurring on my development site, development1.hummingbirdphotographics.com.

As Matt suggested, I had the search album set to a slight variation of the standard album template, a one column page instead of the two column page. Changing back to the standard album template has seemed to correct the problem.

Thanks.

#7 2017-03-05 06:15:49

Ben

Hi Jon, it would be great to try and replicate this.  If your one-column template is unchanged, can you export it and email it to me using the Email link under my picture?  To do so, visit Designer > Templates, click on the name of the template, then click on Export Template, and leave 'Bundle with Page Template' as 'yes'.

#8 2017-03-05 06:54:42

Ben

Thanks for the template.  I'm able to see the problem.  The large image view is set to Single-image Pages.  The search page then uses the single image links pointing to single image pages within the original album.  This then fails, as Theater doesn't include support for single image pages.

#9 2017-03-05 06:58:37

Ben

Matt, in my very quick testing, adding a single view to engine.xml and the single.php file prevents the error but shows the full Theater gallery.

#10 2017-03-05 07:19:26

Jon@hpx
Website

Thanks for figuring that out, Ben. Good to keep in mind. Or do I detect an update coming?

#11 2017-03-05 19:57:46

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Ben wrote:

Matt, in my very quick testing, adding a single view to engine.xml and the single.php file prevents the error but shows the full Theater gallery.

Adding the single-image view to the Theater Add-on, you mean?

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#12 2017-03-05 20:08:24

Ben

Hi Matt, that's right.

Board footer