Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-23 08:13:41

andacar
Website

Changing Default Font Type in resource.php

I’ve followed Rod’s very helpful guides on using a web browser’s console editor to find what css is controlled by what, and on viewing and editing the backlight master style sheet. I’m slowly figuring out all the css that controls various things that I can add to my custom stylesheet.

One question:

I’ve noticed that when you first open my page it shows up as a sans-serif font and then switches over to a serif font, which is what I want. I think that’s because it’s first reading the font setting at the top of resource.php and then my custom file creepyhouse.css. Should I edit the php file to correct this? That sounds a bit scary.

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2017-02-23 09:19:08

rod barbee
Website

Re: Changing Default Font Type in resource.php

What you're asking wouldn't work for a couple of reasons. But the main one is that it's not the file that's loading your font.

Looks like your adding your Metamorphous font via the ttg_scripts hook. That's loading it at the bottom of the page after everything else loads. You could try using the ttg_head hook instead.
That would still load it after your custom css, but at least you won't have to wait until the rest of the page loads. This may slow down overall page load though.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-02-23 09:27:05

Ben

You won't get any joy in attempting to edit resource.php.  This file is an entry point to the Backlight back-end for creating resources such as stylesheets and JS files dynamically.

#4 2017-02-23 09:48:16

andacar
Website

Thanks guys. It sounds like more trouble than its worth.

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#5 2017-02-23 10:10:39

rod barbee
Website

It's pretty simple to change the phplugins hook you're using to add the Adobe typekit font. Give that a try and see if it makes any difference.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2017-02-24 06:52:27

andacar
Website

I'll try that Rob. Thanks.

Darrell Leland

- Grimsley

Board footer