Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-07 02:21:57

RAM

Updating the links in Galleries

I have not done much with my webpage for a while and every time I get back into TTG CE4 I am surprised how much I forgot.  Muddling through the documentation I got most of it done albeit for one outstanding issue.  I created a page (CE4 Stage) so I could have another Galleria Slide show but now I have to edit the existing gallery pages so the new page link shows up in the masthead (i am not using php). I have a Gallery Template that I created and thought it would be as easy as editing the Navigation Hyperlinks, exporting, and copying the files in the root of the exported folder to my server.  Obviously I am missing something as the files in the root of the exported gallery folder do not match up with the files where I thought they should go on the server.  What am I missing?

Also, is it possible to use publisher for manage the photos in the new page that I created with Stage?

Cheers,

Robert.

www.robertametcalfe.com

#2 2017-02-07 03:23:50

rod barbee
Website

Re: Updating the links in Galleries

first, yes, Publisher can manage a Stage Galleria slide show.

As to the navigation, to confirm: you want to add a link to the new Galleria slide show in your main navigation?

If so, you'll need to change the navigation in any album and album set templates as well as pages and re-export. Then just upload the templates again to /ttg-be/templates/gallery for the album templates, and /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ for the album set templates.

For Pages, you should be able to get away with just uploading your index.php and mobile.php files as well as the files to any pages from Pages (services.php, contact.php, about.php, etc) to the root of the site. You'll also need to re-export and re-upload any stand alone pages you might have. You should only need to upload their respective index.php files (and mobile.php if they have them)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2017-02-12 01:13:31

RAM

Re: Updating the links in Galleries

Thanks Rod. You managed to tweek some recesses of my brain where I evidently locked me previous TTG knowledge.

Board footer