Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-23 09:23:02

idlea

access control top level galleries directory

I found it easier for clients to not password protect individual galleries, they loose them and I do not delete galleries, the galleries I have do not contain sensitive material but I now have over 20 galleries and think if possible I should not allow access to the  top level galleries directory, how can I do that please and still allow access to the galleries in the /galleries folders.

for example www.mysite/galleries/client-one  allow access to /client-one  but disallow access to /galleries folder.

Thanks

#2 2016-11-23 09:39:07

rod barbee
Website

Re: access control top level galleries directory

I don't understand. You say you don't want to allow access to the top-level galleries directory (presumably galleries/) but you still want to allow access to the galleries in the galleries folder. This is contradictory.

If you want to keep your client directories separate from your other galleries, why not create another top-level folder for clients?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-11-23 10:23:32

idlea

Thanks for the reply, so I have my clients crg galleries in a folder mywebsite/galleries they have an address which i give them so mywebsite/galleries/client for example but at the moment they have access to other clients galleries that are not protected in publisher by browsing the /galleries folder.

And I do know I can go into publisher and use client management to control access to individual galleries but it would be quicker if client one for example cannot see the contents of /galleries

#4 2016-11-23 10:27:38

Matthew
Administrator
Website

/galleries is intended to be a publicly accessible location.

If you want to create an album set for a client, you can do so and hide it from view.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer