Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-10-09 22:35:56

giovanni

Search capability

Rod, thanks for your response to my post last week.

Matthew, I read your post regarding refunds, and would like to add that the amount of information a person can get that demonstrates, defines and describes The Turning Gate products makes any request for a refund, in a word, ludicrous.

Also, Thank you, thank you, thank you, for the support that you, with help from Rod, provide on this community board.

I photograph events that have many participants resulting in many photographs. I would like to add search capability to my Client Response Galleries and Highslide Galleries.
Do you have any recommendations on where and how to begin?

Highest regards,

giovanni

#2 2012-10-10 01:53:39

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Search capability

Hi Giovanni,

Firstly, thank you. I very much appreciate your kind words and your encouragement.

As for search capability, no database = no search. The best you could do is implement a Google search for your site specifically, but I'm not sure that would be the solution for what you want to do. Sadly, nothing else comes to mind.

The alternative would be to run through galleries through a content management system, such as WordPress. But no WordPress theme or plugin that I am aware of would give you client proofing capability, and that would also necessitate that you input keywords for every individual image, which would be a bear of a job.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2012-10-10 22:21:16

giovanni

Re: Search capability

Thanks for your quick response Matthew.
It will prevent me from wasting a lot of time.

giovanni

Board footer