Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-14 04:35:35

Aisling

How to turn off cart temporarily?

Hi Guys,
I have been using CE4 Cart for about a year for an event photography website and its been working great.  I'm looking for advice on the simplest and safest way to turn it off temporarily for a holiday period and then turn it back on again after the holiday.  I don't want orders to come in over the holidays when I am not in a position to send prints out for weeks.  I'm hoping you can advise me the best way to go about this so I don't mess up what I have by messing around with settings!! 
I also want to put up a notice on each page if possible that orders cannot be taken/processed during certain dates - is there an easy way to do this without having to re-publish each gallery as there are too many galleries and photos for this to be an option!
Any help appreciated smile
Kind regards,
Aisling.
www.annaharvey.photos

#2 2016-11-14 05:16:25

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to turn off cart temporarily?

since it looks like you're using Publisher, just edit each of your albums and uncheck the Enable Cart box under the Integration tab.

You can try changing the album template in Lightroom and disabling the Shopping Cart Integration in Output Settings. Export and re-upload the template.

There's no way that I know of to temporarily disable the cart on the entire site from ttg-be. If you're using PayPal, you could disable the PayPal Gateway.

If your albums are using any text from the album template, you can just add your notice to the gallery template you're using, export, and upload it again.
If not, then you can either add it manually to each album in Publisher, or, you can add it to the template and then edit each album so that the template text will appear on each page.

If you're using phplugins, you could use the ttg_block_top hook and CE4_Gallery G_STYLE identifier to insert your notice on all gallery pages.
(There's also a G_TEMPLATE identifier to target albums using specific templates)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-11-14 05:59:37

Aisling

Hi Rod,
Thank you very much for such a quick reply! Yes I am using Publisher. I was hoping for a method which avoids editing each album individually as I have probably over 100 albums on the website so it would take me ages to do each album and I would also probably end up missing some or something!  I'll have a look at disabling the PayPal Gateway.
If I go into the Cart Admin in the back end and change the current Pricing Scheme so that I remove all the products (high res digital images and prints) except the low res digital images (which are not a problem over the holidays as the website will send them automatically) - go on holidays and then come back and edit the pricing scheme again to put them back in - would this work?  Its so long since I set it all up I've forgotten a lot of how I did it so I'm afraid to change anything!!

Regarding the notice, the phplugins sound like what I'm looking for but I haven't tried doing anything with phplugins before so might have to do some research there to learn more anout what they are and how to use them!!

Thanks again,

Aisling.

#4 2016-11-14 06:33:59

rod barbee
Website

If I go into the Cart Admin in the back end and change the current Pricing Scheme so that I remove all the products (high res digital images and prints) except the low res digital images (which are not a problem over the holidays as the website will send them automatically) - go on holidays and then come back and edit the pricing scheme again to put them back in - would this work?

I don't see why not. That would be faster than having to edit all your albums.

And instead of putting a notice on each page, you could try putting a notice on your home page and Galleries page.

If you've not done anything with phplugins before, that will require you to re-export and upload all album templates and other pages that you want the notice to appear on.

but it you want to give it a go, start here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … bility_api

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-11-14 10:30:19

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi Aisling,

If you have PHPlugins enabled -- or could easily enable them by updating your gallery template(s) -- you could effectively disable sales by hiding your cart buttons using CSS.

.add-package-to-cart,
.hs-cart-button,
.cart-button {
	display: none !important;
}

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2016-11-14 12:12:20

rod barbee
Website

well, yeah, if you want to do the easy thing wink

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-11-15 04:45:03

Aisling

Thanks for the replies and suggestions - I'll go read up about phplugins as I have no idea what they are or how they work!!  I'm pretty sure I ticked the 'Enable PHPlugins' box when setting it up as recommended but haven't done anything since so will go do some research!

#8 2016-11-15 05:09:00

rod barbee
Website

If you've checked that box and have entered the server path to phplugins in your gallery templates, then you're all set. All you would need to do then is enable custom css: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … custom_css
And add the code Matt provided to your custom.css file.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2016-11-15 05:24:48

Aisling

Thanks for that - I'll go do some study and see if I can figure it out smile 

I've just exported a new pages template with changes to the page copy text on the home page and galleries page about the holiday dates.  While doing that I noticed the 'Shopping Cart Integration' box - if I uncheck that and export a new pages template and upload it would it disable the cart or would I mess everything up?

Sorry about all the questions but its working so well I'm afraid to mess with it when I don't really know what I'm doing and can't remember all I had learned before!!

#10 2016-11-15 05:38:03

rod barbee
Website

While doing that I noticed the 'Shopping Cart Integration' box - if I uncheck that and export a new pages template and upload it would it disable the cart or would I mess everything up?

That was one of my suggestions above. It should disable the cart in every album using that template. You won't hurt anything by trying.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2016-11-15 05:45:22

Aisling

Thank you!  My mistake I understand now - I think smile

Board footer