Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-12 05:30:10

LilHelpHere

Galleries on Pages, Client Response

Hi, Could I please have some detailed help on how to create a separate gallery on a separate page, Is it in LR publish settings?. Can you spell them out clearly without omitting anything. I'm wanting a separate guest page containing the CRG (client response)
I have set up CRG and it appears only with my main gallery on a page where I don't want it.
Also CRG gallery generates a thumbnail that I do not want. I saw briefly an option for a custom thumbnail (which I'd create?) -where is that again, with details pls?

I spend a long time searching before posting here, bc I imagine it to be  cumbersome task on your part, and don't want to add your work load.

On my wish list is flyout menus for different subcategories for indexes
and a way of removing or changing the look of the galleries> text in the upper left. I've come across them, before but pointing them out for me would be great.
I've also seen the custom thumbnail options in tips and tricks. Does this solve the variable sizing that I'm getting? Can you point me there too?
Lastly the login and forms for my CRG (not currently published) was showing light text on a light background -login, save, submit etc -where to change those text colors? Thanks !! www.masseyart.com [very beginning stages]

#2 2016-11-12 06:15:14

rod barbee
Website

Re: Galleries on Pages, Client Response

Could I please have some detailed help on how to create a separate gallery on a separate page, Is it in LR publish settings?. Can you spell them out clearly without omitting anything. I'm wanting a separate guest page containing the CRG (client response)
I have set up CRG and it appears only with my main gallery on a page where I don't want it.

Sounds like you want a separate index page for clients. You can either create a new top level galleries page or an album set.

If you create an album set (you'd do this in your current Publisher instance) you can hide the album set from the main Galleries page by clicking the appropriate box in the Album Set setup.
You can then add that album set to the site's main menu (Menu Set). This way, your clients can click on a "Clients" link and be taken to a page that has client albums. And at the same time, the link to that page will not appear on your Galleries page among your other galleries.

To create a new top level galleries folder, add a folder to the root of your site. Name it 'clients' or something.
In Lightroom, create another Publisher instance by right clicking on the heading of your existing instance and choosing "Create Another Publisher service with "TTG Publisher".
Give the top-level galleries folder the same name as your client folder.
Publish an album to this folder. Backlight will automatically create the index page.
In Backlight, go to Publisher > Top Level Galleries and click on the name of  the new top level gallery (Clients).
Click on Edit Properties and assign the page an autoindex template.
Add a link to the new Clients page in your Menu Set.

On my wish list is flyout menus for different subcategories for indexes

What exactly do you mean? You can already have child menu items up to three levels deep.

and a way of removing or changing the look of the galleries> text in the upper left.

Are you referring to the Breadcrumbs? You can remove them on a per album basis in the Album Setup in Publisher (in Lightroom under the Features tab)
The colors and fonts are inherited from main fonts and hyperlinks (Main Column in the page template)
If you need them to be different than what you can set here, that will need to be done with custom css.

For changing text color in forms, look under Typography in the Page template.

Not sure what you need with the thumbnails. Looking at your home page and galleries page it looks like you're using a Masonry layout. Thumbnails will fill the the space given. If you want them to be more consistent, try one of the other layouts.
Thumbnails are taken directly from the albums within the album set, so thumbnail size, to some extent, is controlled by the album thumbnail settings.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-11-12 08:58:58

LilHelpHere

That's pretty good. I have that up thanks. There is still a lot that is not as hoped, and many attempts. Has he been sent an email that it is published i hope not, It happened last attempt -we'll see. Now the guest login is not showing, (it had worked yesterday's testing) Also, I would like the option of no thumbnail showing the guy. Any help on this? Thanks for all so far.
Wish lists later

#4 2016-11-12 09:20:29

LilHelpHere

preview in browser works. Live site doesn't work at all. cleared all caches, tried different browsers. login has disappeared. hunting and searching for solutions. not so great right now

#5 2016-11-12 09:44:12

rod barbee
Website

LilHelpHere wrote:

That's pretty good. I have that up thanks. There is still a lot that is not as hoped, and many attempts. Has he been sent an email that it is published i hope not, It happened last attempt -we'll see. Now the guest login is not showing, (it had worked yesterday's testing) Also, I would like the option of no thumbnail showing the guy. Any help on this? Thanks for all so far.
Wish lists later

not really following. can you be more specific and provide links to problem pages?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-11-12 14:12:34

LilHelpHere

Thanks I did your second option of a new top level gallery in publisher,(great) then I found most all of what I needed to do by taking a break and coming back  finding the typography options -getting used to the controls laid out between pages, templates, albums, add-ons and publisher... Thanks I'll have a look at thumbnail parameters in album thumbnails (though I remember trying and having to settle on masonry, I'll do more searching)
I'll work on my content and the see about child menus. It's in menu sets then set link to, then add on the right (getting warm?)
Thanks for telling where breadcrumbs are controlled (in publish module) and I found album cover thumbnail there too (and was pleased that it auto uploaded that change). So Thanks, I'll be back before long. Are there any plans for more video instructions or augmented documentation? THANK YOU

#7 2016-11-12 16:08:44

rod barbee
Website

When adding albums and album sets, these items are automatically added to the menu/child menu. You can set it to show up to three levels deep in the properties of the top-level gallery.
Otherwise, add child items for other pages or external links in the menu set.

I have no knowledge of future documentation plans.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer