Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-28 04:46:48

dleifer

Fotomoto Gallery Problems - New & Old

I am using TTG CE4 to publish galleries and the system works great. Once or twice a year I publish a gallery with Fotomoto integration and in the past it has worked fine. I went to publish a Fotomoto gallery today and after uploading it to my website I found that while it appears as I would expect, and the navigation works fine, if I click on the Shopping Cart icon the Fotomoto logo appears and animates, but never links to the cart interface to allow ordering of prints.

http://www.davidleiferphotography.com/N … s_10-22-16

Built today (10-27-2016)

I went back into LightRoom (v CC 2015.7 - Mac OS X) and noticed that Fotomoto is no longer listed under Publishing Services. I thought this might be the problem (and it still might be) but something made me think to check my other existing galleries with Fotomoto integration. All of them display the same symptom.

http://www.davidleiferphotography.com/N … s_10-25-15

Built a year ago (10-2015) and was working fine.

I checked another photographer's gallery that uses Fotomoto and experienced the same thing. I checked a couple of different browsers, my Mac laptop and a Windows machine. All the same results. 

So, two questions:

1 - Does anyone know what might be the problem with my existing Fotomoto galleries that had been working and what to do to fix them?

2 - Is it still possible to create new Fotomoto integrated galleries using TTG CE4 or do I have to upgrade to Backlight? Is the legacy version of the Fotomoto Publishing service available to install in the latest version of Lightroom and would that help?

Thanks for any help, suggestions, ideas

~David

#2 2016-10-28 05:48:57

rod barbee
Website

Re: Fotomoto Gallery Problems - New & Old

I'm having the same issue on my CE4 site. Must be a change at Fotomoto. Matt will need to look into it.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-28 05:59:56

dleifer

Thanks for the quick reply. Always good to know I'm not the only one.

Do you know if the same problem exists with Backlight/Fotomoto galleries? In other words, should I hurry and upgrade or will that put me in the same place I am now?

#4 2016-10-28 07:35:03

rod barbee
Website

I just changed the settings in my Fotomoto account to test with Backlight. It seems to be working fine. Just not with CE4

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-10-28 08:52:41

dleifer

OK. I guess I will give it a day or two and then decide if I upgrade.

Thanks for all your help and great photography (on your site).

#6 2016-10-29 08:40:46

derek

Hi all,

We do apologize for the interruption. Fotomoto should be working as expected now. @dleifer I checked your page and it looks fine there now.

Thanks for posting and kind regards,
Derek at Fotomoto

#7 2016-10-29 12:29:47

dleifer

Derek,

Wow, so appreciate your quick attention to this. I have some clients expecting access to a gallery soon and was preparing to do a high speed upgrade over the weekend. I still intend to go to Backlight, but will now do so in a more controlled time table.

Many thanks again for great support!

Board footer