Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-07 19:08:56

tenpinmark

Is it possible to have an in-line Theater on the Home Page?

I've seen posts regarding having a slide show on a page and I'm assuming this was before the Theater module was released and required all sorts of witchcraft to get to work.

Now we have the theater module, is it possible to have an in-line theater (as seen on the theater demo page) as part of the home page? If it is, I can't see how to do it so any pointers would be useful.

Thanks

#2 2016-10-07 19:24:37

lofty
Website

Re: Is it possible to have an in-line Theater on the Home Page?

Yep, it is possible!

I have an in-line Theater slide show on my home page here: http://jonevans.photography

First, create an album template in backlight for your Theater images. Then, in Lightroom, create an album and place the images you want to show in it. Make sure that you hide the album from search and breadcrumbs and that you select the album template you created in 1 above. It's a good idea to make your images all the same size (6x4, 2x1 etc.) and select the correct  image ratio in your Theater setup. Then publish your images.
Lastly go back to lightroom and open your home page template and add your album.

#3 2016-10-07 19:28:12

tenpinmark

Lofty,

Many thanks for the information. When you read this, it sounds so simple. I'm off to give it a bash right now.

P.S. I'm assuming you meant in the last step to go back into backlight, not lightroom.

Last edited by tenpinmark (2016-10-07 19:29:07)

#4 2016-10-07 21:52:43

lofty
Website

Oh Yeah,

My mistake........

Board footer