Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-05 23:06:33

Nico3939
Website

Client response and sub folder

Hello,

one more question before I buy:

if I instal Backlight + Client response, is that I can achieve a public library, with lot of sub folder, where visitors can navigate folders and subfolders and select the photos of their choice, or photo selection is made only in the same folder and the visitor can not go into other folders?

thanks very much
Nico

#2 2016-10-05 23:22:50

rod barbee
Website

Re: Client response and sub folder

Client response is one album at a time. So no, visitors cannot bounce around from one album to another and create a single response.
They'll have to go to one album, make their choices and submit response. Then go to another album, make choices and submit response.
Client Response is not designed to be used as a stock repository, but rather as a dialog between photographer and a client. Usually used for one job or event at a time, say a wedding, or a product shoot, or a corporate head shot assignment.

One option might be to use the Cart Module. There is not feedback provision, but visitors can go from album to album adding items to the cart.

But if you do need the functionality you describe (choosing from multiple albums with feedback), you might need to look into using a stock management system.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer