Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-02 02:13:40

theomolenaar

Wordpress layouts

I have the Wordpress theme, publisher etc.for my site pictures.theomolenaar.nl

Sofar I did not do much with wordpress. And I thiink publisher and the gallery work just fine. Althuigh it costed me  an enormous amount of time to master it.

But I want to integrate the galleries with my personal  site (no subdomain). Focus is shifting from the albums to travel blogging and reporting on various sites. To satisfy followers and to have sort of a travel writers resume I want to 'index' my artices from my site.

I can migrate the galleries and the site and start doing this. However the Wordpress theme is way to simple. Since there are a lot of articles I would love to have a masonry layout of the blogs.   

I am considering Photocrati with the NExtGen galleries as an alternative The Blog's look like what I want and the galleries seem have the same possibilities as the TTG galeries. But apart from Publisher and the templates I can change. And I'll have to do every album again.

Als I am afraid there wont be any more development in CE4.

Has anybody iimplemented a masnry layout on the blog page?

#2 2016-10-02 02:59:10

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Wordpress layouts

Personally, I think NextGen gallery is garbage. In general, Wordpress' management of photos is garbage, and NextGen doesn't change that. I don't know much about Photocrati, but if you're looking for help with those products, then this is not the place.

CE4 is no longer under development, as we've shifted all of our effort over to Backlight. Our Wordpress add-on for Backlight will be ready very soon.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-10-02 03:25:02

theomolenaar

Yes, but I do not think I am going for Backlight. Both with CE3 and CE4 I had to edit exported files before upload. I am afraid that won't be possible with Backlight when the files are on the server. Besides there always seem to be issues with subdomains on my provider. So it might not work at all. And also took me a lot f time. I do not want to go to this process again.

Photocrati is a theme made by the people of Nextgen It has rich possibilities as a wordpress blogging theme. Among that are masonry layouts for pages with posts. And since my focus is shifting to blogs that becomes more of an issue.

I could also stick  to CE4 if it would be possibe to get the masonry layout for the blog working. That would be my first choice.

So I was wondering if anyone in this forum has done so. Implemented a masonry style page that contains blogs with CE4 theme for Wordpress,

#4 2016-10-02 04:46:08

rod barbee
Website

Have you looked for WordPress plugins that will do what you want?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-10-03 00:09:35

theomolenaar

Yes I tried that

I installed a plugin. The plugin generated shortcode. I had to edit a file of php and replace some code. Since the code in the CE4 theme does not look like the code in the documentation (theme 2012). I had to do some guesswork as to where to put the code. I ended up with a site that did not work at all.

#6 2016-10-03 01:42:08

rod barbee
Website

take a look at Beaver Builder
https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2016-10-03 03:09:34

theomolenaar

Thanks for the info

Looks nice. I might try it. But it looks like you build pages. The menu entry that creates the list of blogpages does not go to a page however. It is a menu entry that displays a category....

Board footer