Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-30 22:12:57

Phoentje

Set random images on album sets & howto center home page images & ..

Hi, currently rebuilding from CE3. Can not be bothered of doing the CE4 upgrade first to migrate so I am just rebuilding the album sets and albums.

3 questions:

1. Is it now fixed that when I from lightroom create a album set I set the Cover Image to Random? I can see a large dropdown with a lot of fixed images and when I select one of those the album set will select it but nothing still happens when Random is selected?

2. If you see my current state of the shop @ www.circuitpics.nl/shop you will notice that not everything is currently nicely centered. I have put ROD's CSS to get the footer in center and I also did the same with the top menu and image as you can see but the mainpage image aswell as the albums when you open them are not centered.. Lookes a bit duff?

I have been trying to setup more information details on the thumbnails in the cart? Like {exposure} etc. I seem to be doing something wrong because the only thing I get to see is the {title} ?

-edit- Just read that I have to republish my photo's before the info will be set. , but can this then be set in the screen where it says "Add an item to the cart" instead the albums overview?

Thanks!

Last edited by Phoentje (2016-09-30 22:50:30)

#2 2016-09-30 23:30:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Set random images on album sets & howto center home page images & ..

1. Is it now fixed that when I from lightroom create a album set I set the Cover Image to Random? I can see a large dropdown with a lot of fixed images and when I select one of those the album set will select it but nothing still happens when Random is selected?

Lightroom does not export images with album sets so there are not images in the album set's thumbnails/ folder from which to draw random thumbnails. So you need to provide those.
From the Library module, choose several images that will represent the albums in the album set. Export them at the same size as those exported with the albums.
Upload the exported thumbnails to the respective album set's thumbnails/ folder.

2. If you see my current state of the shop @ www.circuitpics.nl/shop you will notice that not everything is currently nicely centered. I have put ROD's CSS to get the footer in center and I also did the same with the top menu and image as you can see but the mainpage image aswell as the albums when you open them are not centered.. Lookes a bit duff?

The image on your home page has the "alignleft" class assigned to it. Change that to "aligncenter"

The thumbnails on your albums look centered to me. Can you point to one that you're having a problem with.

-edit- Just read that I have to republish my photo's before the info will be set. , but can this then be set in the screen where it says "Add an item to the cart" instead the albums overview?

This can only be done from Lightroom by republishing the album. This is just how Lightroom's Publishing Services works.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-10-01 03:08:55

Phoentje

Rod thanks.

Ok clear about the albums. And fixed the allign. My bad! Soz!

About the republish I did so. I ended up with this. http://imgur.com/a/3OiU2
But if I want more code in it like exposure, focuslength etc the cell becomes a bit too large imho.
So what I wanted to know if it is possible to put those meta date into here > http://imgur.com/a/za8c1

#4 2016-10-01 03:39:15

rod barbee
Website

So what I wanted to know if it is possible to put those meta date into here > http://imgur.com/a/za8c1

The information under Item Name is taken from the images Title metadata field. If Title is empty, then it defaults to the file name.
So if you put that information in the Title field, it should appear under Item Name.

There is no provision for adding more fields to the Add to Cart pop up.

But you could put whatever metadata you want in the large image caption area (Image Settings > Photos Caption). Just string together whatever metadata tokens you need.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-10-02 06:31:57

Phoentje

Ok thanks, will do some testing.

Is there btw a reason that the cart pre checkout page is not responsive enough? Does not look very well on mobile devices does it?

#6 2016-10-02 08:04:56

rod barbee
Website

Phoentje wrote:

Ok thanks, will do some testing.

Is there btw a reason that the cart pre checkout page is not responsive enough? Does not look very well on mobile devices does it?

Seems to work fine for me on my test site.
If you're having problems can you post it under its own topic?
Include a link to a problem album

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer