Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-15 18:31:00

mikeelbon
Website

Publisher - Go To Published Album

Hi All.

I am having a problem with the Lightroom Publisher Plugin ver 2.3.3. I have been updating my website and changed the root directory of where the feedback galleries are stored. There is a problem in lightroom where if you cange the name slug it updates it on the server but if you use the function of 'Go To Published Album' in lightroom it is taking you to the old location. Can anyone give me a solution to this?

#2 2016-09-15 19:30:24

mikeelbon
Website

Re: Publisher - Go To Published Album

I have been doing more testing and it looks as though renaming albums and abum sets is broken within loightroom - it updates correctly on server but lightroom will go to the old location on server not the new location.

#3 2016-09-16 06:51:36

mikeelbon
Website

Could anyone else test this for me
1. create an album set in publisher in Lightroom
2. right click and then choose option 'Go to published album'
3. change the name of the album set
4. mark to republish ( just to make sure).
5. Publish album set
6. right click and then choose option 'Go to published album'
If yours is doing the same as mine it will take you to the link with the old name.
This is also the same for albums as well.

#4 2016-09-16 07:04:30

rod barbee
Website

I'm using the latest Publisher, (not 2.3.3) but I'm seeing the same issue. Changing the slug is propagated on the site, but Publisher's "Go to Published Album" feature never gets the message.
I never noticed it before because I never use that feature. I just go to the site and access albums and sets from the Galleries page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-09-16 16:19:58

mikeelbon
Website

Thanks Rod for verification of the bug.
Hopefully Ben will be able to look at it soon.

#6 2016-09-16 19:22:15

Ben

Thanks for pointing this out.  The URL is incorrectly being updated using the slug found before the edit is made.  If you edit the album again (without needing to make any changes) then you should find the go-to-album URL to have the correct location.

I have a fix for this in my working code, however I am overseas at the moment and can't readily update the Publisher package.  In the mean time, if you'd like to apply the fix, edit the file ttg-be/publisher/application/helpers/PublisherHelper.php and change line 161 from:

$url = $this->absoluteAlbumURL($existing);

to

$url = $this->absoluteAlbumURL($album);

I hope that helps.

#7 2016-09-17 03:58:25

mikeelbon
Website

HI Ben. I am away from computer at the moment but thank you for your quick response. I'll add the change later tonight.
Safe travels!!
Mike

#8 2016-09-17 06:33:51

mikeelbon
Website

Hi Ben.
Your work around of editing the album again without changing it seems a good workaround for the moment for those that don't want to edit the code themsleves.
Changing line 161 from $exisiting to $album which fixes changing album name/slug.
You also need to change line 217 as well from $exisiting to $album which works for changing albumset name/slug.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

#9 2016-09-17 10:11:44

Ben

Hi Mike, good catch on line 217. I'll add that change as well.

#10 2016-10-09 01:26:17

mikeelbon
Website

Hi Ben just thought that I would give you the heads up on a problem.

It seams that this solution may have caused some other problems. I was doing some tests and trying to change an album name in lightroom but it wouldn't let me (It cameup with an error  which I cant remember but will let you know when I am back at main computer). It has also seemed to cause a problem when assigning albums to clients in ttg-be admin pages and comes up with an error -  Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /palgravephotography.co.uk/ttg-be/framework/dao/PdoExtended.php on line 520
Here's another error - Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /palgravephotography.co.uk/ttg-be/crg/application/helpers/PublisherHelper.php on line 157
It seems that there might have possibly been some database corruption.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by mikeelbon (2016-10-09 01:33:14)

#11 2016-10-10 17:23:20

mikeelbon
Website

Update from previous post

The error code from Lightroom - 'Lightroom cannot update this collection. Error performing function (code 500)'

#12 2016-10-10 18:38:22

mikeelbon
Website

I seems we need to do a bit more work on the script.
Scenario
In lightroom publisher you have an album set 'Weddings' with another album set within 'client1'. You then create an album within 'client1' called 'groom'.
If you change the album set 'client1' to 'joeblogs' and use the right click function 'go to published album' it will now take you to '.../joeblogs/groom'

Problem
If you go to the album 'groom' and use right click 'go to published album' it takes you to '.../client1/groom/'  not '.../joeblogs/groom'

There also  seems to be multiple writes going on in the database publisher/ master.sq3 - album table

#13 2016-10-10 19:53:28

Ben

I followed your steps and don't see what you're seeing.  At all times the 'go to published album' takes me to the correct URL for all levels of Weddings / client1 (and later joeblogs) / groom.

Can you replicate the database timeout?  That's more likely the cause of the issue rather than any change to our 'scripts' to fix the published URL

Who are you hosting with?

#14 2016-10-12 16:28:25

mikeelbon
Website

Hi Ben,

I deleted the album set I was testing with and now works ok. But...
I still can't assign albums to clients I have in the ttg_admin - crg panel. This includes all of the clients I have set up. I have not had a problem assigning albums to clients before. I have tried creating a new client and still can't assign albums.

I am hosted with Awardspace.
Mike

Last edited by mikeelbon (2016-10-12 16:29:06)

#15 2016-10-12 17:38:12

Ben

Can you see aloborate on that? In what way can't you assign albums? Can you outline the steps you've taken and where and how you get stuck?

#16 2016-10-12 17:59:23

mikeelbon
Website

Hi Ben hope you are well.

Sorry for this hassle.
Scenario
under setteings select Clients
add client

Problem
assign album
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in .../palgravephotography.co.uk/ttg-be/framework/dao/PdoExtended.php on line 158

Last edited by mikeelbon (2016-10-12 18:02:05)

#17 2016-10-12 21:08:32

mikeelbon
Website

Hi Ben,

I have recreated all files on server and reinstalled databases. Not sure what went wrong but now all ok. (It's been an interesting learning curve).

I hope you can keep ce4 going, it would be a shame to loose it. I have thought about buying adding the cart option but not sure if this is viable if not supported in the future.

Board footer