Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-15 04:53:17

edgorochowski

Run Backlight in tandem with my current site

I have a fully developed web site and have been using CE4 galleries and Cart to support purchasing  of prints within my site for my wedding business. Each of my customer galleries have  several associated pages as well as the CE4 galleries themselves contained in a separate sub directory below the root.

This has worked well  for many years but I feel that Backlight may offer me an opportunity to use its features to support my customer galleries AND their associated pages in a sub directory below the root.

Q: Is this possible... practical.. desirable.
Q2: If so is there any problems that I may encounter, such as renaming directories, using the new cart etc.

I have invested a lot of time  and effort into my current site and only need to retain the galleries and cart functionality, however  to be able to use some of the page creation features would be a bonus. Regards - Ed

#2 2016-09-15 05:29:51

rod barbee
Website

Re: Run Backlight in tandem with my current site

You can install Backlight in a sub-directory or a sub-domain.

If you've been using Publisher, then converting your existing site to Backlight will be pretty easy using the Publisher migration tool. If not, then it will take a bit of extra work.
There is also a migration tool for the cart too. But when you make the migration, the ttg-be/ folder has to be at the same server level as the backlight/ folder.
This will make installing Backlight in a sub-folder or sub-domain a problem.

If your cart enabled galleries are galleries rather than Publisher albums (that can be migrated to Backlight), you may need to maintain two separate cart systems; I don't know if CE4 galleries are compatible with Backlight Cart.

We might be able to make more specific suggestions with more information. Are you currently using Publisher?

If not, this might help if you're thinking of eventually converting everything over to Backlight:
http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … backlight/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer