Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-13 18:32:02

speacock110

Duplicate my site

As you are bringing out new features especially for theatre I want to create a new test site, my old one became my live site.

Is there a way of duplicating the backlight site and gallery with an empty gallery. I want to start creating albums that focus on different types of slideshow etc. However as i may want to then transfer them to my existing site a test bed close to its layout and design would make things easier.

I was thinking of creating a new backlight site then copying over certain folders IE designer custom etc.

#2 2016-09-13 22:57:08

rod barbee
Website

Re: Duplicate my site

Sure, just download your whole site to your computer and then upload the whole thing, minus the galleries/ folder, to the new location.
Create an empty galleries/ folder in the root of the new site
Create another Publisher instance for the new site.
Upload an album to the galleries/ folder to create the new Galleries page/album set.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-09-14 03:38:47

speacock110

Thanks did all of that. In all my other backlight sites I have an index.php in the galleries folder that has a top level page showing my sets and albums. This time all i get is a folder in the galleries for each set and a folder for alums not in a set. No top level gallery index page, what have i turned off??

#4 2016-09-14 03:47:03

rod barbee
Website

it should be created when you publish an album to it. I just tried creating another top-level gallery from a new folder and it worked as expected. All files are there, including the index.php
Does your Galleries page work?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-09-14 06:14:42

speacock110

I repeated the whole process of copying the backlight folder to my test site, logged on to admin changed the settings. Created a galleries folder. Using a new Lightroom catalogue, I created a new publisher instance checked it, created a basic album added images and then published. all I got was a galleries folder, with an album folder inside (album name this time simply album.

If I navigate to http://test-ttg-bl.site/galleries/album/  (local test site) i see the album as expected but there is no index file etc to go to if I navigate to http://test-ttg-bl.site/galleries/.  Publisher settings say the galleries is the to level directory

#6 2016-09-14 06:31:56

rod barbee
Website

are those supposed to be real links to your site? If not, can you provide those?

did you check the permissions on the new galleries/ folder you created?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-09-14 07:06:24

speacock110

I reset all permissions. Sorry i cannot provide real links as I have built my test site locally.

However as a test I copies the missing files and I now have a top level Index page. The problem is that it has two empty Album sets from the Site I copies the backlight folder from. So is may not have created the Top level gallery as it though it already existed.

How do clear them out as they do not exist in publisher nor do they have a presence in the galleries folder, they are just memories from the original site.

#8 2016-09-14 08:03:24

rod barbee
Website

are they in the Backlight database?

Can you go to Publisher > Top-Level Galleries and delete from there?

Come to think of it, copying the whole site over and then logging into Backlight and deleting all albums from Top Level Galleries probably should have been the sequence of events. Otherwise you're bringing over a database that thinks it has albums in it already but which won't be able to find them.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2016-09-14 09:32:45

speacock110

That sorted it

Board footer