Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-04 20:23:00

dchew
Website

Backlight Theater Not Updating

I'm experimenting with Theater, specifically trying different transition effects. For some reason the changes aren't updating. I hit save and the red gear icon appears as if it is saving, but the effect doesn't change.

I also tried an overlay "Overlay03" which was working last week when I tried it once, but not now. Here's the page currently set to "burn" but my view still is doing a basic fade:
http://www.davechewphotography.com/TempBacklight/

To test my host and cache I published an additional image from LR, which appears in the slide show. So I know LR to GoDaddy is working. Also, if I make a change to one of my gallery templates such as border width, that updates with no problems.

Is there something I'm not doing that I need to do?

Dave

#2 2016-09-04 21:34:35

dchew
Website

Re: Backlight Theater Not Updating

Figured it out. Had to go back into my home page design and reselect the album. Then it updated.

I guess I don't like "burn"...

Dave

#3 2016-09-05 00:15:32

rod barbee
Website

If, when making frequent changes, like for testing layouts and effects, you don't see your changes taking place, try clearing the template cache.
You may also need to clear browser cache.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-09-05 01:20:02

SunFoxNC

I've noticed that the first time a device/browser hits a Vegas full page after I've changed it to a Theatre-based page, I'll see the masthead and the burger and nothing else but then if I force the page to reload, all is well afterward.  I've also had to clear the template cache from time to time when it seems "stuck".

That suggests to me that there is a bootstrapping issue on first load of the page by the browser.

(All in all, though...it's nice having the full screen presentation available again!  I'm still on the fence about using the navigation rather than the  [Enter] button that was in play by default in CE4 Stage...the [Enter] button was cleaner to me but having consistent navigation options available on both the full page presentation and the other pages through Backlight does present some advantages as well, particularly on mobile.)

#5 2016-09-06 23:01:11

SunFoxNC

Another twist to the Vegas full screen and forced refresh...I just updated to Backlight+Pages 1.0.4 R2 and Theater 1.0.1 this morning and cleared cache as requested for the update.

I've got four full-screen presentations on www.sunfox.com...the first one required manually forcing the refresh in FireFox, but the second one didn't.  The third one required the refresh, but the fourth one didn't.  Don't know if that helps to track down why this happens but it seemed an interesting pattern nonetheless...

Theater 1.0.1 also seemed to solve some goofy behaviour I had noticed with the Vegas fullscreen slideshow on the iPhone...before the update, nothing I could do would get it to display the slideshow on my iPhone 6 Plus.  After the update, I hit refresh a couple of times and it'd load the images and run the slideshow...but often when I was holding the phone in portrait orientation (and then it'd keep going once I turned it on its side).  The iPad and the desktop displayed it just fine.

#6 2016-09-06 23:10:58

capnhooke
Website

Is there a link somewhere to version 2?  I can't find it anywhere and my email from owl only links to theatre 101.

thanks
thom

#7 2016-09-06 23:20:52

SunFoxNC

I went back to the EMAIL for Backlight+Pages 1.0.4 and clicked download and that served up R2 for me... smile

#8 2016-09-06 23:21:25

capnhooke
Website

Okay I downloaded backlight from original email and found the release version 2  all works great now

T

#9 2016-09-06 23:27:46

dchew
Website

I wish mine did. This morning I saw the email, downloaded the Theater update, then went to the blog and saw the warning to update to Backlight 1.04 v2. So I removed the theater module, removed the three 1.04 module folders and reloaded them. Still doesn't work.

Could one of you try this page and tell me if it works on your device? I've cleared cache in Backlight and on Safari but didn't help.
http://www.davechewphotography.com/TempBacklight/

Next I'll try upgrading 1.04 v2 as if I'm coming from a version previous to 1.04.

Dave

#10 2016-09-07 00:12:31

rod barbee
Website

did you go through the Theater template serving as your home page and confirm your settings?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#11 2016-09-07 00:27:36

dchew
Website

Umm. No. Checked and they were turned off in multiple places. Works now.

Thank you Rod.

rod barbee wrote:

did you go through the Theater template serving as your home page and confirm your settings?

Board footer