Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-19 22:26:05

gmansfield

Using my CE4 plugins on a Wordpress site

I have been a long term user of TTG plugins (since Matthew Started).
My current site is built using CE4 (www.graham-mansfield.com).
I am a wedding photographer and my business has taken off and I really need to upgrade my site significantly as I am trying to get up the price bracket. I have looked at backlight but at the moment I don't think that is going to work for me just yet. I have seen a Wordpress site that is really nice however I want to still manage my Galleries both normal & client response via my CE4 plugins (oh and use Publisher). Is this possible? I currently own CE4 pages, Auto Index, Stage, Publisher, Cart and Wordpress.

#2 2016-08-19 22:57:18

rod barbee
Website

Re: Using my CE4 plugins on a Wordpress site

You can run your ttg albums alongside but separately from your WordPress site. But unless you’re also using TTG Theme for WordPress, the design won’t match.
You’ll just need to have ttg-be in the root of the site along with your galleries autoindex folder.

Another problem could be your navigation. Navigation for WordPress pages and posts is managed in WordPress. Navigation for your TTG based indexes and albums are managed by ttg in Lightroom or phplugins.

Matt has a tutorial on basing your site on WordPress but using Autoindex and Gallery for your gallery pages. But it seems to depend on also using Theme for WordPress to design your WordPress theme. Though looking at it, I’m not sure. You might be able to use it with any WordPress theme.

But take a look at it, you may be able to use the technique to have WordPress also control your autoindex/album set and gallery/album pages

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_102

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-08-19 23:08:34

gmansfield

Rod,
I am actually buying a theme for Worpress so won't be using TTG Theme for Wordpress so I guess I could have issues then.
Looking at Matt's document it seems that it might be possible.... BUT....

Graham

#4 2016-08-20 00:30:08

rod barbee
Website

Give it a try. Nothing to lose.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-08-20 13:34:13

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You can run our galleries alongside any WordPress theme. Like Rod says, the design won't be a perfect match. With the CE4 stuff, you'd just have a setup that looks like this:

/galleries
/ttg-be
/wp-admin
/wp-content
/wp-etc.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer