Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#26 2016-06-14 18:14:59

tomowensphoto
Website

Re: Going from Test environment to Live environment - a few questions

Still suffering from 404 errors. Any suggestions as to the .htaccess versions at #24 above? I have noticed that if I try and navigate to the Home, About, Exhibitions, Contact pages having been on a gallery page I always get an error 404.

Last edited by tomowensphoto (2016-06-14 18:17:10)

Regards,
TomO
Just a simple photographer
Live site at http://tomowens.openpoint.co.uk/

#27 2016-06-14 18:30:09

Daniel Leu
Website

This is what is in the .htaccess at the top level of tomwens.openpoint.co.uk
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /blog/
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
php_flag register_globals off

If this is what's in your top-level .htaccess, then you are missing all Backlight related rules. I would move this .htaccess to .htaccess_root and then copy the one from /test/ to /. This should solve the 404s you get. Not certain if this will impact the blog page.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#28 2016-06-14 18:38:13

tomowensphoto
Website

Hi Daniel,
Do you mean rename the top level .htaccess as .htaccess_root and have both a copy of  .htaccess from the test area sitting together with .htaccess_root under http://tomowens.openpoint.co.uk?
This is thin ice for me.

UPDATE
Ive replace the .htaccess with the one from /test and added the switch to gain access to the SQLite module. I have tested a blog entry and also tested navigation back and forth from the galleries pages to other pages without a 404. I'll now test setting the pages back to URLs

Last edited by tomowensphoto (2016-06-14 19:00:50)

Regards,
TomO

#29 2016-06-14 20:28:02

Ben

Hi Tom,  I've only had a chance to look at this now.  How can I see the 404s?

#30 2016-06-14 20:50:17

tomowensphoto
Website

Hi Ben,
They have gone away with me replacing the .htaccess file. I added the php_flag register_globals off to the bottom of the BL .htaccess file but I don't know what the original file was doing previously especially with the /blog/ entry. Everything seemed to work in CEn so I don't know when it was created or what it actually did. Presumably something important.
Another thing that Rod pointed out that I had to do was re-upload the uploaded images used in pages. I've also reset the menus to URLs apart from the Privacy Policy that I had to leave as a Page link.
The Google Analytics ID is working but not apparently for the Blog. Presumably that is something that will get sorted when the WP plugin arrives?
If you want me to recreate the 404s then I would have to put the original .htaccess file back in place of the BL one.
Let me know.
I'm off to London shortly so will drop off the radar.

Regards,
TomO

#31 2016-06-14 21:24:47

Daniel Leu
Website

Tom & Ben,

The 404 issue was really the missing Backlight entries in the .htaccess file. Something that was missed when migrating test site. Good that it is working now!

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#32 2016-08-08 04:44:45

Markus
Website

Hello,
I also wanted to go live with my homepage and migrate my test site to the live site. But something went wrong. Here´s what I´ve done:

1. my test site located in the subdomain http://backlight.der-canonier.de/. This site I downloaded to my mac. This test page I want to keep for further testing.

2. the old CE3 site I copied via FTP in another subdomain http://alt.der-canonier.de/, because I still need this every now and then. That seems to work well

3. then I deleted all folders and files from the previous site http://www.der-canonier.de/

4. after this I copied the backlight test site from my Mac into this site. I get the following issue:

session_start(): open(./backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_12b236c0d179a0b291963a60a47ecce3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 72, Array) #1 /www/htdocs/w00a1bb9/mc-photografie/Der-Canonier/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(72): session_start() #2 /www/htdocs/w00a1bb9/mc-photografie/Der-Canonier/backlight/framework/init.php(120): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /www/htdocs/w00a1bb9/mc-photografie/Der-Canonier/index.php(19): require_once('/www/htdocs/w00...') #4 {main}|URL: /index.phpUnknown: open(./backlight/framework/../data/sessions/sess_12b236c0d179a0b291963a60a47ecce3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)|Unknown|0

5. Also, I get no backlight login page
    http://www.der-canonier.de/backlight/admin/

Here I get this issue:

session_start(): open(../framework/../data/sessions/sess_12b236c0d179a0b291963a60a47ecce3, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 72, Array) #1 /www/htdocs/w00a1bb9/mc-photografie/Der-Canonier/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(72): session_start() #2 /www/htdocs/w00a1bb9/mc-photografie/Der-Canonier/backlight/framework/init.php(120): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /www/htdocs/w00a1bb9/mc-photografie/Der-Canonier/backlight/admin/index.php(17): require_once('/www/htdocs/w00...') #4 {main}|URL: /backlight/admin/index.phpUnknown: open(../framework/../data/sessions/sess_12b236c0d179a0b291963a60a47ecce3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)|Unknown|0

I also copied the test site (Backlight.der-canonier.de) via FTP to the live site. The same result.

What´s went wrong? Is there´s a documentation for those migration?

Unfortunately, the error messages do not help me.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Greetings
Markus

#33 2016-08-08 04:53:57

rod barbee
Website

the Permission Denied statement makes me think permissions haven't been set. Have you seen this:
http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … irectories

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#34 2016-08-08 14:32:59

Ben

Hi Markus, files and directories under backlight/data/ are created by the user that the web server uses.  This may be your FTP user, or a user such as 'www' or 'apache'.  When you copied over the files, including those under backlight/data/, the copies would have been created and owned by your FTP user (the login you use to access your site via FTP).
If the FTP user is different from the user the web server typically uses to create files, then the web server may be unable to write to backlight/data/ on the new site.

Can you check on the ownership of the backlight/data/sessions directories on both your original site and the copied site?  Do the users differ? 

You may be able to solve this by applying a directory permission of 755 (or 777) to everything under backlight/data.  However, if you need to change the user for all files under backlight/data/ then that could be difficult.  In that case you'd best ask your host's technical support.

It's likely also that you'll encounter similar permissions issues on the top-level galleries directory.

We don't have documentation on such migration, as there is too much variation between hosts.

#35 2016-08-08 15:19:15

Markus
Website

Hi Rod and Ben,

thanks for your help. The permission was the solution. I have set the directory permission to 777 (755 did not work). Now I can log in backlight/admin and the page works.

Now is still a bug in the identity plate. I guess that I have to re-upload it again.

And the bug with the slideshow: if "Home" is clicked, the text is for a moment behind the image of the slideshow at the top of the side.

Greetings
Markus

#36 2016-08-08 16:39:02

Rainer Goergen
Website

Hi, die idplate muss nochmals über den Backlight Admin hochgeladen werden, sonst stimmt der Pfad in der Datenbank nicht.

Rainer

#37 2016-08-08 18:01:56

Markus
Website

Danke Rainer,
das war auch meine Vermutung - werde ich mal heute Abend direkt machen.

Markus

#38 2016-08-08 22:11:19

rod barbee
Website

Now is still a bug in the identity plate. I guess that I have to re-upload it again.

Yes. I've run into this occasionally where images uploaded via the Backlight uploader don't make the transfer from test domain to live domain.

And the bug with the slideshow: if "Home" is clicked, the text is for a moment behind the image of the slideshow at the top of the side.

Since there is no slideshow supported in Backlight (yet), you'll likely need to dig into the code yourself to see what's going on. This looks like the slideshow Daniel posted about. Try asking him over at his blog.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#39 2016-08-09 04:47:10

Markus
Website

Hi Rod,

yes, it´s the slideshow Daniel posted in his blog. Thanks for the tip, I asked him.

Markus

#40 2016-08-09 21:19:04

Markus
Website

Hello,

probably I made the mistake, that I haven´t deleted the album sets and albums on the test page. The photos can be seen on the live site, but not included in Lightroom. Now, what is the best way?

Does it make sense to delete the entire contents of the folder "galleries" via FTP? Then completely restart in Lightroom?

Markus

#41 2016-08-09 22:53:00

rod barbee
Website

You should always delete albums and album sets from Publisher.
If for some reason that doesn't work as it should, or you first delete using FTP, you can delete the album entries from Backlight by going to the respective Top Level Galleries in Backlight and deleting albums from there.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer