Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-23 01:40:14

reinharw

Gallery Not Updating

I need help solving a problem with my CE4 based website (www.williphotos.com).  I have two pages with a number of galleries (Special Occasions and Recipes) on each but I'm only having a problem with one specific (sympathy) gallery.  Here's the problem.  When I use my publisher to update the gallery, it uploads or makes the desired changes but the changes do not show up the  on my website.  When I FTP into the Sympathy directory, I see the uploaded files in photos and thumbnails sub directory but they're not showing up on the website.  As I indicated, this seems to be the only gallery that isn't updating.

Any ideas or suggestions what I should check or do to correct this problem?  Let me know if there is anything else you might need from me or the site to help me correct this problem.

I look forward to your feedback which has always been helpful in the past.

Thanks,

Bill

#2 2016-07-23 01:44:35

rod barbee
Website

Re: Gallery Not Updating

the first thing I can think of is the update settings in Publisher. When you change anything in an image, you need to republish that image. If it's just metadata, you can check the "Push metadata..." checkbox.
But if you're making changes to the images themselves, you need to make sure this box is not checked.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-07-24 00:13:40

reinharw

Re: Gallery Not Updating

Rod,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I corrected the problem through the brute force method by deleting the offending album and then recreating it.  Rather than spend more time on it that was clearly the easiest fix and it worked.  Bill

Board footer