Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-22 20:23:54

SimonWilliams

Downloads Watermarked

Hi All,

I've had a quick search through the forums, but couldn't find anything related.

I have set-up a gallery and am currently testing digital downloads. I want to protect my images by watermarking them while viewing on the gallery, but when I have gone through to purchase, the watermark is on the customer copy.

I have set watermark up through the Lightroom plug-in.

Can anyone tell me how to set-up things so the customer gets a non-watermarked version of the picture after purchase?

Many thanks
Simon

#2 2016-07-22 20:32:51

SimonWilliams

Re: Downloads Watermarked

Sorry guys, found it in the Lightroom module.

"Exclude watermarks in photos-for-purchase"

#3 2016-07-23 22:13:38

kurt

I was going to ask the very same question?  I've looked for the "exclude watermarks..." option mentioned.  Where did you find it?  Is that an option in the cart which I haven't purchased or installed yet?  I will need to do the same.

#4 2016-07-23 22:17:11

kurt

kurt wrote:

I was going to ask the very same question?  I've looked for the "exclude watermarks..." option mentioned.  Where did you find it?  Is that an option in the cart which I haven't purchased or installed yet?  I will need to do the same.

Disregard... I found it.

New Question:  If I select that, do I have to republish all the albums?  <I hope not...>

#5 2016-07-23 22:49:06

rod barbee
Website

If you make any changes to images (add, change, or remove watermarks, make changes in the Develop Module, add or remove metadata) you need to republish images.

In Publisher settings there are options that allow you to republish only metadata or only thumbnails. When republishing your images to remove watermarks, make sure these options are unchecked.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2016-07-24 00:51:45

kurt

Thanks!  I was curious, because it didn't re-prompt you to republish once you selected it and clicked on edit.

Board footer