Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-05 08:36:08

Big Red

Where Is The Right "phplugins.php" File Located?

'm following the deploy and configure instructions in the document: A Beginners Guide to CE4 Publishing and WordPress.

Step 5: Revisiting PHPlugins Setup tells me to run the web command: http://yourdomain.com/galleries/phplugins/path.php,
which provided and expected server path of: "/home/seaq2/public_html/mhs/galleries/phplugins". I placed this preceeding path in my two template and one theme documents via Lightroom.

I arrived at Step 7: Imbue Your Menu with the Power of MAGIC preparing to perform the statement:
Using your FTP client and a plain text-editor, open the /galleries/phplugins/phplugins.php file for
editing" (actually add some new content to the "phplugins.php" file including environment unique datapath). Well guess what? there is no "phplugins.php" file in the folder: "/galleries/phplugins/"

I do find three "phplugins.php" files in my WordPress server deployment.

Template File:
~/ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ce4-autoindex/phplugins/phplugins.php
~/ttg-be/templates/gallery/ce4-gallery/phplugins/phplugins.php

Theme Folder:
~/wp-content/themes/M-H Story 1/phplugins/phplugins.php            M-H Story 1 is my Theme folder name.

In a nutshell, the written configure and deployment instructions do not match the server environment that I am viewing. What should I do here so that I can move ahead with this photo gallery server deployment?

Is the above deployed server path of "/home/seaq2/public_html/mhs/galleries/phplugins" the one I use or should it be some other server path for the location of the "phplugins.php" file?

#2 2016-07-05 08:54:09

rod barbee
Website

Re: Where Is The Right "phplugins.php" File Located?

If you've followed the instructions you've exported a CE4 Autoindex with the "enable phplugins" box checked, named it "galleries", and have uploaded it to the root of your server.
(Actually, in your case, it looks to be inside the "mhs" folder)
You should have a phplugins/ folder inside that exported Autoindex folder.
It looks like you've done all this since you were able to get the path to phplugins.

So you can just open the phplugins.php file that's inside the phplugins folder in the Autoindex export folder. Edit that fle and upload it to your site at /mhs/galleries/phplugins/

But if you have your WordPress installation at the root of the site you may want to put the galleries/ Autoindex folder there as well, that's up to you. If not, just account for the fact that your galleries/ folder location is different than that in the documentation.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-07-05 10:09:13

Big Red

My WordPress web sever root is actually deployed in a subdomain at mhs.seaquest.us, (my mhs folder) which is my development test environment. Does all of this make sense per what you stated above? It occurs me that copying + edits of my "phplugins.php" file in my Autoindex export folder exported to http://mhs.seaquest.us/galleries/phplugins/path.php should do the job. Do you agree?

#4 2016-07-05 10:47:12

rod barbee
Website

Sounds about right to me. In fact, I never edit the file on the server. I edit the file on my pc and then upload to the server, overwriting the existing file.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer