Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-30 10:44:25

mindstorm

Backlight and CE4 Wordpress

I had a website built by CE4 Wordpress.  I installed Backlight + Pages.  Now all I have is the generic BL sample site...?

If I try to migrate from CE4 to BL, I am told that Publisher is not found, even though I have the three directories together, as the instructions state.

I don't mind too much if I have to recreate the albums, as they are straight-forward.  I don't want to lose my CE4 Wordpress page layout and all 300+ blog entries though.

Does BL work properly with "CE4 Theme for Wordpress"?  If so, are there instructions somewhere how to marry them, so that BL creates the albums and album sets, but I keep all my existing page and blog info from CE4 Wordpress?

#2 2016-06-30 11:23:52

rod barbee
Website

Re: Backlight and CE4 Wordpress

If you have WordPress installed in the root of your site, this is to be expected.

Backlight has nothing to do with Theme for WordPress, but they cannot coexist in the same folder.
You have a couple of choices, move your WordPress install to a sub-folder, or place your Backlight site in a sub-folder.

If you want to keep your existing CE4 based WordPress site (assuming you installed WordPress in the root of your site), then don't use the Pages module of Backlight. Just use core Backlight and manage your albums and album sets with that.

Your folder structure would look like:
index.php  (this must be your WordPress index.php file, not the Backlight index.php file)
wp-admin/
wp-content/
wp-includes/
all the wp-...php  WordPress files
galleries/  (for you Backlight albums and sets)
backlight/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-30 11:57:50

mindstorm

Thank you. That solved this problem!

I am now having a problem with duplicated menus, but I will open a new post for that, rather than start meandering here.

#4 2016-07-02 11:26:33

mindstorm

Please mark this is resolved.

I have also now resolved the duplicate menu issue that I alluded to in my earlier comment here.

Board footer