Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-18 02:24:17

bodyNsoul
Website

Migrating CE-4 to Backlight on different servers

To Whom it may concern,

I have a running CE-4 instance on http://bodynsouldesigns.com at one host and want to migrate to a backlight instance on antoher host on http://images.bodynsoulphotography.com

My Backlight installation has no albums as yet and was just installed. Should I do this manually? as the directions clearly state that the migrate tool only works if both installations are at the same server.

If I have to do it manually, what is the right procedure?

Also, on the search page of my backlight installation (http://images.bodynsoulphotography.com/ … ht/search/) there is some default text Tray 01, with some lorem ipsum. Where do I remove or replace that text?

Best regards,
Patrick Krolis

#2 2016-06-18 02:36:50

Rainer Goergen
Website

Re: Migrating CE-4 to Backlight on different servers

Go to Backlight > Publisher >Settings

Edit Settings.

Rainer

#3 2016-06-18 02:46:26

bodyNsoul
Website

Hey Rainer, the build in migrate tool only works if the installations of CE-4 and Backlight are on the same server and on the same lever. My installations are on different hosts on different websites

#4 2016-06-18 02:59:18

Rainer Goergen
Website

I have meant the text of the search page.

Rainer

#5 2016-06-18 04:25:15

rod barbee
Website

Also, on the search page of my backlight installation (http://images.bodynsoulphotography.com/ … ht/search/) there is some default text Tray 01, with some lorem ipsum. Where do I remove or replace that text?

The tray text is coming from the album template assigned to the search page. By default this is the Standard Backlight Album Template. Change the tray text in album template under Album Copy.

(You can assign a different album template, if you've made one. Do this in Publisher > Settings > Search > Search Template)

Other Search page text can be added in Publisher > Settings > Search: Search Title and Search Intro.

Album templates themselves use a page template. This page template is where you can remove the tray if you wish. Look under Page Layout and choose a one column page (probably not "one column, no tray" though, since mobile navigation goes in a tray and if you choose "one column, no tray" you'll have no navigation on mobile album pages)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2016-06-18 04:43:23

rod barbee
Website

The migration issue is tricky. You're not only changing hosts, your changing domain names.

The only way to perform the CE4 Publisher to Backlight migration is if ttg-be/ and backlight/ folders are next to each other.

Seems to me there might two different ways of doing this.

one way:
move your existing CE4 site to the new host and domain. I think this should be pretty easily done. You're new host should be able to help you with this as well as pointing nameservers to your domain name. Propagation can take some time, so be ready to wait.
You'll need to change the Lightroom Publisher URL to the new location.
If you need your CE4 site to operate, you'll need to change your navigation too. That would mean exporting and uploading all your pages and templates again. But that's up to you.
Make sure your albums and album sets are where you expect them to be.
At this point you can install Backlight on the new host and run your CE4 Publisher to Backlight migration.

other way:
Run the CE4 Publisher to Backlight migration in the current location.
move everything to the new host as above.
You'll then need to log in to Backlight and change the Site URL. Change the Publisher URL in Lightroom

This all depends on your new or old host being able to move all your stuff from one host to another. And there may be other things that go wrong that I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer