Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-09 22:36:00

Rainer Goergen
Website

One more error

I was logged in as admin. In another tab I was on my galleries site. The hidden album is shown. Now I logged out as admin.
On my galleries site I refreshed the window, the hidden gallery is no more shown.
If I click now on the galleries link in the menu,

there is the url - http://www.rainer-goergen.de/galleries/ … galleries/ - (3 times galleries)

in the address field instead:

http://www.rainer-goergen.de/galleries/

This was not the first time, in backlight 1.01 too, but only now I saw the wrong link to the top level gallerie (I only have one).

Rainer

Edit:

This was on my Mac Pro now. Also here I have had the problems with the search page, then this.
Now, on my Macbook I cannot reproduce this error.

Last edited by Rainer Goergen (2016-06-09 22:48:59)

#2 2016-06-09 23:15:16

rod barbee
Website

Re: One more error

I see the /galleries/galleries/galleries in the browser address window in the link you posted.
But when I go to your home page and navigate around, that problem doesn't happen and the site appears to be working as it should.

Except for the Search page. I tried searching on "nepal" and the page just seems to be spinning its wheels trying to connect....

Now the whole site seems to be down. Are you doing something with it at the moment?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-09 23:20:52

Rainer Goergen
Website

No, nothing. I don't know what this is. In the morning, after 3 hours the search works fine on my iPhone and Laptop. When I was later at my PC, the same occurs. I cleared all cache, closed Safari, suddenly the search works. The error with galleries is at time only on my PC.

I am not logged in as admin.

Rainer

Edit:

Just tested, search is down on my Laptop too. I think there are problems because the search results are too big.
I cleared browser cache, shut safari, open safari, new tab with homepage, search with one keyword (result 3 images), search with nepal, error.

Last edited by Rainer Goergen (2016-06-09 23:28:15)

#4 2016-06-09 23:46:29

rod barbee
Website

I was able to access your site again. Tried searching on nepal again. Got the endless page loading and the browser went all white.
Even if I close the tab and try to go back to your site from the same browser, the site is still trying to load. This was in Firefox. Then I tried going to your site in Chrome and the site won't load there either, let alone just getting to the search page.

Ben is going to have to dig into this one. It seems that the search function is shutting down the entire site.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-06-09 23:53:02

rod barbee
Website

Anyway, other than that strange search page behavior, your site seems to be working just fine.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2016-06-09 23:54:51

Rainer Goergen
Website

Yes, the refresh of the site hangs since 5 minutes. Now I refreshed once more and the site was shown.

Rainer

Board footer