Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-08 01:23:05

aebolzan
Website

Something went wrong (aka Galleries problem)

Yesterday I made a change in my Menu and changed the Gallery link from what I set originally as "Page" to  "Album Set"....and all went fine....in my "English" version of the site......but I forgot to check on the "Spanish" side of the site.  Today I try to enter and got a red block with the message:

Something went wrong

realpath() [function.realpath]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 33865 is not allowed to access /www/docs owned by uid 0 in PathBuilder.php on line 34

I wonder what is going wrong......the usual suspect is me (naturally!) but what I find is that setting the gallery link to Album Set in the Spanish side of the web site does not work, only on the English side......I suspect that something went wrong during the inital stages of installing Backlight (I created the initial site in a subdomain, then I downloaded it in my computer and uploaded to the main domain, and then created the second instance of Backlight under the English folder)........

Agustin

www.agustinbolzan.com.ar

#2 2016-06-08 01:41:03

rod barbee
Website

Re: Something went wrong (aka Galleries problem)

I have no problem viewing the Spanish site. It seems to work fine other than having that same Search page problem with the Galleries link that you were having with the English site.
have you tried clearing browser cache?

Or are you saying that you're not able to access the Backlight dashboard for the Spanish site?

I did notice that you have a broken web fonts problem on the Galleries page of the English site. Matt recently addressed that issue in this forum post: http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … 352#p38352

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-06-08 02:22:41

aebolzan
Website

you had no problems because I set back the link to "Page" Galleries instead of  "Album Set"......try now, and you will see.... (:

#4 2016-06-08 02:31:05

rod barbee
Website

wonder if it's one of those .htaccess problems. Have you tried the usual solutions of clearing template cache and updating album filess?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-06-08 02:43:45

aebolzan
Website

Yep!, I tried, but the problem is that I can go to the galleries directly (http://agustinbolzan.com.ar/galleries/) but I cannot move from there......in the same way that I cannot enter in my site directly to home page......very strange....but it happens only when I set the menu link as Album Set for galleries......with the "Page"   option everithing runs fine (except, as previously that then I have problems with the Search...see my topic of yesterday to this respect...)..something is crashing with the links when I make such change.....

Agustin

#6 2016-06-08 07:32:37

Ben

Hi Agustin, can you provide a URL where I can see the issue?
Issues like this can be difficult to debug. Depending on what I can tell from the link (if you can provide one) it may be helpful to be able to take a look via FTP.

Realpath errors are due to Backlight trying to look at a directory above the top of your site, either caused by a bug, a configuration error or a combination of both.

#7 2016-06-08 09:08:15

aebolzan
Website

Ben,

you can take a view to www.agustinbolzan.com.ar, then to www.agustinbolzan.com.ar/galleries, and finally to the english side of the site: www.agustinbolzan.com.ar/english

Agustin

#8 2016-06-08 23:16:42

aebolzan
Website

Problem solved!.....I have just updated to v 1.0.2, and now all runs fine (or at least it seems so.....let's see during the day....).

Agustin

#9 2016-06-08 23:38:15

Ben

I am thoroughly impressed with the speed that you discovered the 1.0.2 release and updated to it!  I hope that the problem is solved for good.  We made a great number of improvements in 1.0.2.

#10 2016-06-08 23:40:20

aebolzan
Website

Backlight is really fast....so the users... smile

#11 2016-06-08 23:44:43

Ben

smile You may notice that Backlight 1.0.2 is faster to load as well.

Board footer