Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-19 12:20:10

gary_in_austin

New Backlight website works_more changes as development grows

I've had a useful amount of help from Matthew, Ben and Rod.
I've been a loyal user from CE2, CE3 and CE4.
-Stage that I used for html5 video, and TTG Theme for Wordpress ..I used a lot and am anxious and awaiting for those features to come to Backlight.

For now, I'm linking to my own Wordpress and my own complicated contact page for my customers to upload photos and answer complicated questions. That will work for me, for now.
Thanks, everybody. Here's a link to my mostly Backlight page.

[EDIT] well, I am making changes on a live site, since I first posted this topic. 
...I'll be editing live, maybe this link doesn't work for time in the future- But, for now..here's the logic for anyone reading [EDIT]

the folder on your server where backlight lives, this one happens to be    /GaryBrackin_Photography_and_Video/galleries

Last edited by gary_in_austin (2016-05-28 15:10:21)

#2 2016-05-19 12:38:23

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: New Backlight website works_more changes as development grows

Off to a good start, Gary.

I noticed you still have "lorem ipsum" copy on your gallery pages, in Tray 02. An easy fix is to go into the album template and blank that field under Album Copy.

Out of curiosity, why aren't you using the Photoswipe feature?

Regardless, our first feature update will bring some improvements for the single-image pages. This will likely release in a core update alongside the Client Response add-on.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-05-19 23:01:38

gary_in_austin

Yea, my tray 02 has "ipsum lorem" because I plan to have info there for each photoshoot. It will be things like credits for each individual shoot, makeup, assistants, ..info for clients (when TTG CRG is developed) and other text I'll have for each specific gallery.

And just now I  turned on the Photoswipe feature. I was using the "single-images pages" last night just to see what it does
because my thinking was people on a real computer can't touch their screen to Photoswipe.
-What I want, I had but not sure how to get it back -is once inside each gallery with large images, I used to have a forward
and back arrow( for now, until there is a slideshow feature). Thanks so much Matthew, -Backlight is so far, super-awesome!

Last edited by gary_in_austin (2016-05-19 23:16:11)

#4 2016-05-19 23:24:27

rod barbee
Website

Gary, you might want to use Tray 01 for the album specific text for the tray. The reason is that in Publisher, you can currently only add album specific text to Tray 01 in Page Content, Sidebar Copy.
Otherwise you'll need an album using a different page template for each shoot.
Use Tray 02 for text that should appear in every page using the particular template. It's great for affiliate ads, email list sign up forms, etc.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-05-19 23:27:47

gary_in_austin

Rod- This explains so much how to do exactly what I want to do.
And you're right, I was having to create a different page for each template when I was using CE4
and your suggestion with Tray 01 when using Backlight is gonna make things much easier!
You're awesome, man.
Thanks so much!

Last edited by gary_in_austin (2016-05-19 23:30:51)

#6 2016-05-19 23:35:59

rod barbee
Website

I really like the potential of having two trays. You can make several templates, each with a different ad or call-to-action in tray 02 and then swap out templates on albums to do things like rotate affiliate ads, try different call-to-action text, etc.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2016-05-19 23:52:57

gary_in_austin

Perfect. Yea, tray 01 I'll have specific info to each shoot and tray 02 I'll be able to add call-to-action info.
It's gonna be great. Thanks for your helpful suggestions, Rod and Matthew. And Ben has been hard at work, too.
I love Backlight. --Awesome!

Last edited by gary_in_austin (2016-05-20 01:03:41)

Board footer