Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-19 17:57:14

SimonWilliams

New Customer Queries

Hi All,

Please be gentle - I have a few dumb questions to ask!

I currently use a combination of Wordpress, WooCommerce and other plugins to create galleries for my customers to download digital only versions of their images (they will have made all print versions by this time).

My images are automatically watermarked to protect them (I want this to remain) and they get a unique image link after they pay for their purchase through PayPal (unique to try and prevent them guessing the process!).

My current process is however time consuming, and worse is prone to failure on upload due to the amount of images processed at one time (can be upwards of 800 occasionally).

So, questions are:
. Can I use Lightroom to add the watermark for the gallery and the customer get a link for download for a non-watermarked image?
. Does the customer get instant notification of download link after image processing?
. Do I need to purchase CE4 Cart in conjunction with another add-in (I seem to be under the impression that I need to purchase a "main" gallery plug-in as well as CE4 Cart)?

I think that's it for now. I am ready and raring to go, so your help if much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Simon

#2 2016-05-19 21:36:08

rod barbee
Website

Re: New Customer Queries

Hi Simon,

. Can I use Lightroom to add the watermark for the gallery and the customer get a link for download for a non-watermarked image?

Yes.

. Does the customer get instant notification of download link after image processing?

After image processing? or after they've placed the order and paid?
You can set up the cart to allow purchase of digital images before they've been uploaded. After you've uploaded the images, they'll be available for download by your customer.
I believed they're notified when the files are uploaded (haven't tested that lately)

If you're asking whether the customer gets notification after they've paid, then the answer is yes, if they've paid using PayPal. If otherwise, they they'll get the notification after you've marked the order as paid in the Cart admin.

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _purchases (references to CE3 Gallery and Publisher should read CE4)

Do I need to purchase CE4 Cart in conjunction with another add-in (I seem to be under the impression that I need to purchase a "main" gallery plug-in as well as CE4 Cart)?

Yes. At the very least you will need CE4 Gallery. The CE4 Publisher plug-in is highly recommended as it can also process out the renditions for purchase (without watermarks) automatically and will make publishing galleries a lot faster and more efficient. Otherwise, you'll need to upload those images manually via FTP.

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … e_download

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-19 21:47:23

Ben

Hi Simon, further from Rod's responses, if you are just starting out with TTG products that you may want to wait until our new product suite Backlight supports the cart.  That support will be coming in the next few weeks.

Backlight is a major improvement in usability over CE4, doing away with Lightroom's cumbersome web module and moving all design aspects into the site itself.

#4 2016-05-19 23:30:51

SimonWilliams

Hi Ben / Rod ... Thanks for getting back to me - all that sounds good and as far as I can see has answered all my initial queries, so I eagerly await the time BackLight supports the cart operations.

I know this may be like asking how long a piece of string is, but do you have any kind of dates when this will all be finalised - I am keen to make a start in the break I have from studio work to make a start uploading 10's of thousands of images!

Thanks again,
Simon

Board footer