Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-14 02:51:23

Rainer Goergen
Website

Thumbnails for Album Sets

Hi, I created a couple of Album Sets in Lightroom, then an album. I uploaded it with publisher plugin. After this I set a custom thumbnail in publisher plugin. After sync the thumbnail is visible.
Now I tried to do this with my Album Sets. I set it for testing to - random - and I synced, but the thumbs are not visible.

What made I wrong?

Rainer

#2 2016-05-14 02:56:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Thumbnails for Album Sets

Because Lightroom can't export thumbnails for Album Sets, the way to select a cover image for the album set is by choosing it in the Create/Edit Album Set dialog. Instead of choosing Random, choose an image from the list (you need to have albums in the set for images to be available).

If you would like to have random thumbnails to represent the set, then export thumbnails of the appropriate size and upload them to the Album Set's thumbnails/ folder.

It basically works the same way as the Album Sets in CE4: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … album_sets

Also, if you are creating custom thumbnails for your album sets, see Matt's tip here for another option:
http://community.theturninggate.net/vie … hp?id=6396

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-14 03:07:49

Rainer Goergen
Website

When I created Album Sets I've set the thumb to custom. When the first album was uploaded, I could select a picture for thumb. But when I synced it was always blank.

So I will try tomorrow.

Thanks, Rainer

#4 2016-05-14 06:56:19

rod barbee
Website

I see you have several nested album sets. You'll need to select the thumbnail for each. The documentation for CE4 Publisher indicates that there's a limit of three deep as to how deep Publisher will scan for thumbnails. It looks like your albums are at the fourth level. If that's still the case, you may not be able to grab a thumbnail to represent that album set you have on your galleries page.
I don't recall if Matt and Ben have increased the number of levels that are scanned.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-05-14 09:09:18

Ben

I think there are interface issues with how the menus are rendered going beyond three, hence the restriction.

#6 2016-05-14 16:01:12

Rainer Goergen
Website

But custom thumbnail is possible how Matthew posts? Or in future?
Because I don't want to change the number of levels like at my homepage.

Rainer

#7 2016-05-14 22:59:41

rod barbee
Website

Just follow Matt's tutorial and place the 'custom-thumbnails' album at the first level (in the galleries folder). Remember to hide it.
When you're logged in to Backlight you will be able to see it on the Galleries page and in navigation. But don't worry about that, it will still be hidden from your visitors.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2016-05-19 07:04:53

RCBakker

Hello Rod,
I followed the tutorial and published the 'hidden' album with the custom thumbnails. The only problem is: it's not hidden. However, there is a 'strike-through-eye-icon' visible in the album subject, but the album is still visible. What seems to be the problem?

#9 2016-05-19 07:20:52

rod barbee
Website

You will see that icon and the album while you're logged into Backlight. Log out, or look at it from a different browser and you won't see it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-05-19 09:30:19

Matthew
Administrator
Website

As Rod says, it's working as intended. As a convenience to you, hidden albums are always visible when logged into Backlight.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer