Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-19 07:01:02

RCBakker

Move existing Backlight configuration to a new site

Hello,
I would like to move / copy my existing Backlight configuration, menu sets and templates to a new site.
I do not want to copy the pictures itself.
How do I do that? Which items do I have to download to my PC and upload again to the new site?
Thanks in advance.

#2 2016-05-19 07:31:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Move existing Backlight configuration to a new site

If you don't want the pictures to go along, the easiest thing would be to first delete your albums and sets in Publisher. Otherwise the database will think they're still there.
Other than that, you can either move the files from a sub-domain or sub-folder using FTP, or download everything to your computer and then upload to the new site.
You'll need to log in and change the Site and Company URL. You may also need to re-upload any pictures you added with the upload feature.

But if you don't want to first delete the albums and sets, then wait for Ben to comment. Most likely you could just leave the galleries/ folder behind and before you upload everything again, delete the publisher database. When you log in, I think the database is created and you can connect Publisher to the site.
But as I said, wait for Ben. Unless you have a test sub-domain or something to try it out.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer