Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-17 00:14:08

RonsonWhitaker

What does migration mean?

I believe I have made an invalid assumption.  I thought that migration ment the structure of the website would be copied from old to new.  I think what I must do is rebuild my entire website using the designer and recreate the exact menu structure again with the same galleries/albums.  Then and only then will the Migrate albums work.  Nothing seems to migrate even though it shows complete.

#2 2016-05-17 00:28:54

rod barbee
Website

Re: What does migration mean?

You will need to re-design your site. Create templates for album sets and albums during this process.
You'll need to re-create any stand-alone pages like About, Info, etc.
But your Publisher created album set/album structure can remain intact. You don't need to re-create those. The migration process will put those album sets and albums under Backlight control. I believe the albums and sets will be assigned the default backlight album or album set template. You'll be able to change that in Publisher after the migration though.

But (and this is an important but) if you're not using CE4 Publisher to create albums and album sets but instead have been exporting and uploading galleries and auto indexes, then you will need to basically start from scratch and re-create your autoindexes as album sets and galleries as albums.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer