Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-12 19:49:32

SunFoxNC

timezonedb.so reference not found

Just dropped Backlight+Pages into a new subdomain williams.sunfox.com hosted at Lunarpages and got this error:

----

Something went wrong

Unexpected error: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so' - /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626/timezonedb.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

----

After doing a quick Google, I was able to fix it by adding the following directive to the php.ini file in the website's root directory public_html:

extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626"

Backlight seems to be a happy camper now!  smile

#2 2016-05-12 20:18:02

Ben

Re: timezonedb.so reference not found

I'm glad to hear you're back on track.  That looks to be an obscure error, specific to your host.  Did your Google search provide any information as to the cause?

#3 2016-05-12 20:57:27

SunFoxNC

I suspect they're trying to save memory on the shared host by not loading the time zone support lib for PHP if they can avoid it...not many PHP applications are written to be time zone-aware.

This was the post that pointed me to php.ini:

http://forums.anchorcms.com/help/install-help-needed

Lunarpages official help on creating a custom php.ini:

http://wiki.lunarpages.com/Create_php.ini

What mine looks like:

memory_limit = 64M
extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20090626"

I had to increase the memory_limit directive from 32M (default) to 64M because I had some CE4 galleries that were wrecked with an out-of-memory error from PHP.  I was never able to figure out why because the galleries that broke had a smaller number of pictures (roughly 1,600) compared to some that have about 2,300 or so...all split into 100 pictures per page.

FYI, here's the phpinfo dump for my shared server at Lunarpages which is probably reasonably consistent amongst their shared servers (if you want the full version for reference, I can certainly EMAIL it to you):

PHP Version 5.3.27

System     Linux libra.lunarpages.com 2.6.9-103.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Dec 9 04:31:51 EST 2011 i686
Build Date     Sep 3 2013 08:14:52
Configure Command     './configure' '--disable-fileinfo' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-exif' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-libxml' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mysqlnd' '--enable-pdo=shared' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-zip' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php/5.3' '--with-curl=/opt/curlssl/' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-imap=/opt/php_with_imap_client/' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos' '--with-libexpat-dir=/usr' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2' '--with-libxml-dir=/opt/xml2/' '--with-mcrypt=/opt/libmcrypt/' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-mysqli=mysqlnd' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-openssl-dir=/usr' '--with-pcre-regex=/opt/pcre' '--with-pdo-mysql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared' '--with-pgsql=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-pspell' '--with-sqlite=shared' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6' '--with-xsl=/opt/xslt/' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr'
Server API     CGI/FastCGI
Virtual Directory Support     disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path     /usr/lib
Scan this dir for additional .ini files     /etc/php/5.3
Additional .ini files parsed     /etc/php/5.3/standard_exts.ini, /etc/php/5.3/zend_exts.ini
PHP API     20090626
PHP Extension     20090626
Zend Extension     220090626
Zend Extension Build     API220090626,NTS
PHP Extension Build     API20090626,NTS
Debug Build     no
Thread Safety     disabled
Zend Memory Manager     enabled
Zend Multibyte Support     disabled
IPv6 Support     enabled
Registered PHP Streams     https, ftps, compress.zlib, php, file, glob, data, http, ftp, phar, zip
Registered Stream Socket Transports     tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl, sslv3, sslv2, tls
Registered Stream Filters     zlib.*, convert.iconv.*, mcrypt.*, mdecrypt.*, string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, dechunk

#4 2016-05-12 22:05:49

Ben

Thanks for the detailed response!  That should come in handy should this issue crop up elsewhere.
It sounds to me that your host broke the configuration in the process of disabling the module.

#5 2016-05-12 23:40:57

SunFoxNC

That was my thinking as well...it had caught me by surprise when I uploaded Backlight+Pages 1.0.1 to the hosted subdomain because I hadn't seen that problem on the local WAMP server on my Windows laptop where I had dropped version 1.0.0 to test and kick the tires.

I'll keep you apprised of any Lunarpages-specific weirdness as I encounter them...with that back-level version of PHP they're running, I won't be surprised if there are some more interesting "undocumented features" due to their configuration!

It may be a good idea to collect these sorts of host-specific tips (such as the well-known GoDaddy weirdness, etc.) in the tips forum so that users not on BlueHost will know of any additional configuration they may need to do to avoid these known potholes.  smile

Board footer