Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-09 09:45:52

kanga

Upgrade from CE4 to Backlight

Hi
Have a CE4 running great in the root. Created a subdirectory called Temp and installed Backlight. All worked well. Once it was well developed I wanted to start the upgrade from CE4 and so copied Backlight directory plus the .htaccess plus the index.php from the Temp directory into the root that includes the working CE4.

When I try to start Backlight from the root I get the following message in the browser.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

session_start(): open(../framework/../data/sessions/sess_i2adefnlj2nah59e02mm0qooi0, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'session_start()...', '/var/www/backli...', 72, Array) #1 /var/www/backlight/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php(72): session_start() #2 /var/www/backlight/framework/init.php(120): AuthHelper::handleSession() #3 /var/www/backlight/admin/index.php(17): require_once('/var/www/backli...') #4 {main}|URL: /backlight/admin/index.phpUnknown: open(../framework/../data/sessions/sess_i2adefnlj2nah59e02mm0qooi0, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)|Unknown|0

Thanks very much

John

Last edited by kanga (2016-05-09 09:59:36)

#2 2016-05-09 10:14:47

rod barbee
Website

Re: Upgrade from CE4 to Backlight

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-05-10 18:28:14

kanga

Thanks for the direction. I think my issues were related to problems with directory access and ended up spending a long time trying to fix. Was never confident that the configuration was appropriate so decided on a clean install and recreating all my albums manually. Now have a new problem. The system cannot find a galleries.php. Is it automatically created? I have done a search and cannot find a version that looks appropriate (date) for the new install.
Thanks for the advice
John

#4 2016-05-10 19:26:09

Ben

Hi John, galleries.php was a setting that should have been cleared during the migration from CE4 to Backlight. 
Can you take a look at the Top-level Gallery settings?  You can find them in the Backlight admin by visiting Backlight -> Publisher -> Top-level Galleries.
Look for any entries that have something including 'galleries.php' in the path column.  If there are any, then click Edit and clear the value for Path so that it is empty.

Does that help?

#5 2016-05-11 00:55:26

kanga

Thanks Ben, I tend to get engrossed in sorting out problems like this and so worked until 3 AM troubleshooting. After a few hours sleep I now see that it is working as expected. I guess sleep fixes everything. No explanation on how this happened but thanks for the feedback. I never did get the Migration tool for CE4 publisher to work. I find these sorts of tools can be unforgiving and find the imperfections in the way the system is configured. Quicker to start with a fresh install. I open up the settings for each existing album set and album and then close it again and then I can publish with the new Backlight settings. If I don't do this then the republishing crashes. So all good. Love the system and it is worth the effort.
John

Board footer