Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-07 14:00:03

alfred

error message when trying to save Design Menu Set

I have installed Backlight in  a subdomain - no problems at all and this was all really fast and easy. That was a good start!
I am now exploring the product and have run into the following problem:

In:  Backlight->Designer->Menu Sets I have cloned the Default set. Worked. I can now open the cloned set but when I then try to save it, I get the following error message:

Something went wrong
Update query failed with error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 14 unable to open database file sql: 'UPDATE `menu_item` SET `url`=\'about/\', `page_id`=\'\', `album_id`=\'\', `album_index_typeid`=\'\', `sort_order`=\'2\', `title`=\'About\', `id`=\'16\', `external`=\'no\', `menu_set_id`=\'4\', `parent_id`=\'0\', `modified`=\'2016-05-07 04:54:35\' WHERE `id`=\'16\'' params: array ( ) in PdoExtended.php on line 552

This happens, even if I do not change anything, just trying to save the opened clone. I have made the /backlight/data directory writable (at least I think this is the case) -> it is at 770.

Any idea where my fault is? Don't get it.

Thanks Alfred

PS:
When trying to activate Custom CSS, I get this (similiar error message):
Unable to save settings: Update query failed with error: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 14 unable to open database file
sql:
'UPDATE `template_setting` SET
`template_id`=\'9\',
`modified`=\'2016-05-07 06:44:15\',
`value`=\'on\'
WHERE `template_id`=\'9\' AND `setting_id`=\'custom_stylesheet.enabled\''
params:
array (
) in PdoExtended.php on line 552

Is this possibly related? Other save operations like activating a masthead work.

Last edited by alfred (2016-05-07 15:48:13)

#2 2016-05-07 21:00:56

Ben

Re: error message when trying to save Design Menu Set

Hi Alfred, this is something to do with permissions on the file backlight/data/designer/master.sq3.

Can you try renaming that file (for example to master_renamed.sq3) and then renaming it back to master.sq3?
Or copying it to your local PC then copying it back again?

If that doesn't help, please email me that file via the Email link under my picture.

#3 2016-05-07 22:12:57

alfred

Re: error message when trying to save Design Menu Set

Hi Ben, thanks for the feedback.
I have completely deleted everything and uploaded again. I have made sure that I have not only made the /data directory writeable, but also the things in the directories below. That seems to have fixed the issue. What a great idea it is to start playing with a test set-up in a sub-domain! Cheers Alfred

Board footer