Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-05 10:33:02

MichaelS

Purchasing Backlight without setting up a PayPal Account?

Is there a way to purchase Backlight with a credit card without having to set up a PayPal account?  I thought this used to be possible even though PayPal processed the transaction.  Thanks.

#2 2016-05-05 10:45:14

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Purchasing Backlight without setting up a PayPal Account?

PayPal allows it in some regions, but not in others. They do make the link difficult to see sometimes. Are you certain you didn't overlook it on the page (I've done it; it's easy to do)?

Otherwise, when things settle down from launch, I may need to look into Stripe support for our shop. I believe SendOwl supports it, but I've never set it up.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2016-05-06 01:12:10

MichaelS

Thanks for the quick reply.  Backlight Checkout is still asking for a "PayPal Guest Checkout" that includes setting up a PayPal account and agreeing to all of their terms (see below).  There's got to be some other way to use my MasterCard without setting up a PayPal account.  I'll wait until you look into some of the other ways to purchase from your shop that you mentioned. 

By the way, I love your products and have been using them right from the beginning (http://www.streibelarts.com).  Backlight looks like a brilliant evolutionary product and I look forward to using it in my work.

'I have read and agree to PayPal's User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Electronic Communications Delivery Policy. If you provide a mobile phone number, you agree that PayPal may contact you to service your account, investigate fraud, or collect a debt, using autodialed or prerecorded calls or texts. You may decline to receive autodialed or prerecorded calls or texts and still use PayPal by contacting customer support."

#4 2016-05-06 01:39:44

Daniel Leu
Website

PayPal Guest Checkout does not require you to create a PayPal account. Just enter your CC infos and billing address and you are good to go. When you enter the phone number that is associated with your credit card, just select home or business to avoid the respective clause.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

#5 2016-05-08 11:30:12

MichaelS

Thanks.  Resolved it.

Board footer