Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-05 06:39:23

Volker Dobler
Website

First experience

Dear Matt,

wow - what an easy task to install backlight and to set up a first page. Thanks for the new peace of very good software.

I do have one question regarding the starting page. I have now moved "backlight" to my current webpage and want to test backlight in parallel of the current running CE4 web page.

But if I rename the index.php file to backlight.php it does not work. The css style redirection in the header points to index.php?template... which is the old index.php and this will not work with the new structure. Any idea, how I can run backlight and the old CE4 page parallel? Thanks.
Live example: www.volker-dobler.de/backlight.php for the new page - www.volker-dobler.de for the current CE4 page.

Best regards,
Volker

Last edited by Volker Dobler (2016-05-05 06:40:46)

#2 2016-05-05 06:50:13

Ben

Re: First experience

Hi Volker, It may not work well to run them both in the same directory.  However, following your approach, try editing the .htaccess file and changing all instances of the text 'index.php' to 'backlight.php'.  'index.php' appears 8 times.  I've tried this, and in my limited testing it works.

#3 2016-05-05 06:58:32

Volker Dobler
Website

Re: First experience

Dear Ben,

thank you very much for your very fast support - it did not work for me.

The "problem" is the css file - not the file itself. In the header, I found the following
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="index.php?template=6&amp;extension=css&amp;name=style">

which will not be found (as it is the old index.php) - I am not sure if this will be influenced by the .htaccess - I already "played" with the entries, but either all pages are in the new (backlight) design (which is not ready yet) or the backlight design is broken.

I will test more tomorrow and if it does not work, I will more the backlight to a new test-subdirectory. I hope to move than the new design to the later final root directory :-)

Again - thanks for your support,
Volker

Board footer