Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-05 02:02:05

acn

Using CE4 Cart standalone

Hi,

I found your plugins after looking for a simple cart shopping system for my Wordpress powered website. So I do not need any kind of Lightroom integration, I just want to hook the cart system to my images via PHP.

I already have written Wordpress code snippets for hooking a button to whatever images I have in Wordpress, and was thinking of connecting that to the cart plugin, using your documented "Write-in Purchase Buttons" instructions.

Is this feasible? I really do not have any use for the rest of the suite, given it would break the way I've designed my website.

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but as you might guess I tried to find any specific info but to no avail.

Thank you for your time!

#2 2016-04-05 03:17:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: Using CE4 Cart standalone

It's not been asked. Interesting question. I've not tried integrating the TTG cart with WordPress (other than WordPress pages made from the TTG Theme for WordPress). My guess is that it might work for selling products via the write-in buttons, but not with image galleries. The cart is specific to TTG Galleries and the code is written to interface with those galleries.

But wait for Ben (the Cart developer) to chime in. Perhaps he'll have an idea for you.

Have you looked into the Woo Commerce plug-in for WordPress?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-04-05 03:24:46

acn

rod barbee wrote:

Have you looked into the Woo Commerce plug-in for WordPress?

Thanks for your comment Rod, I appreciate it.

I have - actually it's what I am trying to setup anyway - but the fact is that I am not that proficient in PHP or Wordpress development to integrate what I need with Woocommerce - i.e. passing all the custom variables around to the woocommerce cart is not as simple as I thought. Beside that, Woocommerce is kind of heavy performance and feature wise considering what I actually require.

#4 2016-04-05 03:30:39

rod barbee
Website

my guess is that if you tried to use the TTG cart there would be a lot of hacking involved. Which may actually violate the EULA

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-04-05 11:32:12

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Really, I have no idea whether that's feasible. It's certainly not the intent of the software that we've built.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2016-04-05 18:22:10

acn

Matthew wrote:

Really, I have no idea whether that's feasible. It's certainly not the intent of the software that we've built.

I guess it should depend on how it's built. I would guess that it could be relatively simple depending on how the CE4 gallery image data is passed onto the Cart functions. If it's fairly straightforward then it should be easy to replace that with data from a Wordpress gallery.

But that's something that I can't evaluate without the actual plugin, and I obviously wouldn't buy it without asking first.
wink

#7 2016-04-27 01:57:19

acn

Just to close this, I ended up creating my own plugin to have this functionality with more mainstream shop and gallery solutions.

Thanks in any case.

Board footer