Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-10 05:02:38

Denver

moving domain to another provider

Hi Folks,
this is Denver from Germany.

Due to problems with my online tea-shop unfortunately I have to change my hosting provider.

What about my ttg folders? What about all my settings I’ve done? How can I simply move all my data to the new provider? Is there anywhere a step-by-step tutorial I can go through?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Greetings, Denver.

#2 2016-03-10 05:29:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: moving domain to another provider

from my experience, that will be done for you when you change the name server. As long as the URL is staying the same, your site should probably still work.

Your new provider should have some instructions on moving your site. I think it usually involves pointing to the right name server, but check with them.

If you're using phplugins, the server path to phplugins will change and you'll need to change it in all plug-ins and then export and upload again.

But to be safe, it's probably a good idea to back up all your ttg-be folders to your computer's hard drive.

Maybe others will chime in with more suggestions.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-03-10 05:42:38

Denver

This would be fantastic if it's really so easy....
So I have to copy the ttg folder via ftp to my computer and then upload it on the new server.
That's all?

#4 2016-03-10 05:51:13

rod barbee
Website

So I have to copy the ttg folder via ftp to my computer and then upload it on the new server.
That's all?

I don't know. Check with your new provider. They should have a document on moving an existing domain from another provider to them.

You may or may not need to reinstall ttg-be. I suggest backing up the folders though since they contain all your settings (actually, I think that the settings are stored in the databases contained in the /ttg-be/data/ folder). But copy it all to your computer just to be safe.

and, as mentioned, if you're using phplugins (like for drop-down navigation or custom css) you'll need to update the paths.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer