Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-18 20:10:44

theomolenaar

Galleria slideshow does not autostart and can not be sized

I embedded a galleria slideshow on this page, However it does not autostart. Also is is a size different from the pictures and I do not seem to be able to size it. I could not find documentation of all the things you can influence in a galleria Slideshow embedded in the wordpress theme...

#2 2016-02-18 22:00:47

rod barbee
Website

Re: Galleria slideshow does not autostart and can not be sized

Link?

TTG Galleria docs : http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_galleria

You can find more Galleria documentation at the Galleria site: http://galleria.io

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-02-18 22:55:56

theomolenaar

Sorry I forgot the link..

It was the home page:

http://pictures.theomolenaar.nl/

That is a wordpress page. Your first link shows how to use galleria in a staging page. I know how that works. I have implemented Galleria a few times and it was like that, with sliders and numbers. 

The second one is how to implement Galleria with HTML code. I implemented it as is in the Theme  for Wordpress documentation.

So [gallery type="galleria" link="none" ids="38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53"]

That translates it into html I guess. What I miss is how to influence that. I do not want to set it in the custom-css since then it would be site-wide and I might do different ones (I bought staging)... (but with staging I'll lose all advantages of publisher I realised since),

#4 2016-02-19 00:11:28

rod barbee
Website

That is a wordpress page. Your first link shows how to use galleria in a staging page.

Right, but the options set in Lightroom are the same. So the Galleria docs in Stage apply to Theme for WordPress as well as Pages.

That translates it into html I guess. What I miss is how to influence that. I do not want to set it in the custom-css since then it would be site-wide and I might do different ones (I bought staging)... (but with staging I'll lose all advantages of publisher I realised since),

It's a short code that brings in the galleria container and slide show.
What do you mean by "how to influence that"? What are you trying to influence?

The parameters for the Galleria slide show for the theme are set in Lightroom in the Theme for WordPress plug-in (in the Appearance control pane). This is the only place you can change the settings. You can't change the settings on a per Galleria slide show basis.

Also, you can use a Stage template with Publisher. You can't publish a Stage page to a WordPress page, but you can use Publisher to create a TTG page with a Galleria slide show. This way you could create several Stage templates, each with different Galleria settings.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-02-19 01:41:39

theomolenaar

Ah

For the wordpress theme I never really looked beyond what was needed for wordpress. But offcourse I can set settings there. It's a bit of a pity, that I cannot influence it per page (sort of with parameters for the shortcode) but I get why. And that I can use stage as a template in Publisher is something I did not know. That is really nice.

Thanks

So I am still thinking of how to integrate the wordpress and the galleries a bit. Would be nice if a blog (page, id) could be in a Stage template. But I actually can make a 'blog' in Markdown and publish an empty or nearempty album. I am thinking of the best way to do pictures. I have already found an export tool for Lightroom that exports to a specific directory/library. If it opens the link then I can paste it easily..

#6 2016-02-19 01:53:21

rod barbee
Website

So I am still thinking of how to integrate the wordpress and the galleries a bit.

why not just set up a "galleries" autoindex folder and publish to that:

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_102

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-02-21 04:55:12

theomolenaar

I have seen that. Ik can start as many autoindex folders with different layouts etc as I want. And I can write wordpress pages. But I did not read that I can mix them either a blog in a autoindex folder or publish an album between blogposts.

I could however make a short blogpost with a link to a new album disguised as 'read more'...

#8 2016-02-21 05:52:38

rod barbee
Website

theomolenaar wrote:

... But I did not read that I can mix them either a blog in a autoindex folder or publish an album between blogposts.

No, you can't do that

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer