Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-07 02:41:35

sileibo

Re-order gallery thumbnails

how can I choose the order in which gallery thumbnails appear?

'descriptive' layout - if that is relevant

thx

#2 2015-08-07 04:27:49

rod barbee
Website

Re: Re-order gallery thumbnails

by slug name. Standard alpha-numeric sorting

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-02-08 06:49:38

samosa

I'm trying to reverse the order of the display of thumbnails here: http://martinchamberlain.com/galleries/rugby2/    so that most recent date is at the top

I've changed $reverseit = false; to $reverseit = true; in the file /lib/autoindex/autoindex-view.php  by editing the file on the server.

I've then refreshed the page but there is no change.  I'm probably missing something simple, but what?

#4 2016-02-08 07:51:41

rod barbee
Website

exactly which file did you change? To get the Rugby index to reverse you should probably change the autoindex-view.php file inside the ttg-be/publisher/templates/autoindex/CE4AutoIndextemplatev0.7/lib/autoindex/ folder.

Also, you should probably not include the period in your template names. Things like that tend to cause problems down the road. All file and folder names should contain only letters, numbers, underscores, and dashes. No spaces or special characters.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-02-09 07:58:39

samosa

Ahh. I see. That's it. Thanks for your help. I'd changed it at the root level to make the first set of thumbnails in reverse order but hadn't realised.

I'll also consider your advice on template names too. I assume that is changed in LR in TTG CE4 Publisher. Would that be the 'Album' field, the 'Album title' field or the 'slug' field (the latter seems to populate itself and replaces the periods with hyphens?

For other readers learning from this - the correct path to find the autoindex-view.php is:

ttg-be/templates/autoindex/CE4AutoIndextemplatev0.7/lib/autoindex

#6 2016-02-09 08:55:05

rod barbee
Website

I'll also consider your advice on template names too. I assume that is changed in LR in TTG CE4 Publisher.

That was just the name you gave to the template when you exported it. You can change that on the server via FTP. But once you do, you'll need to go back to your album sets and make sure they're using the properly named template.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer