Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-06 07:24:06

alexmcknight

5 problems in Client Response Gallery (CE4)

First, I am not as computer literate as I need to be, forgive me for my laymen's terms.
Second, my associate set me up several years ago in CE2 v4.02 and I have had great success with it.
Third, my associate is no longer with me
Fourth, I wanted to upgrade to CE4 so I could eventually offer a sales cart for some of my "personal work".
Fifth, I only use these galleries for client review of the shoot. They are "one off" web galleries that are deleted shortly after client has chosen the shots they need.

a sample of my previous gallery can be found here: http://amcknightgalleries.com/personal/ce2/

a sample of my current gallery can be found here: http://galleries.amcknight.com/personal/ce4/

In testing Ce4, I have included many options that I will probably not use (downloads, color labels and ratings).

Here are the issues I am facing:
1) user cannot choose any images (check circles do not work)
2) A) neither do any of the icons in the status bar (hide selected, dim selected, show all, submit feedback and B) the logout icon isn't even there - though it is in my "preview".)
3) when user clicks on feedback (pencil icon) nothing happens - (in preview, the feedback page appears but it doesn't correspond to the feedback page I made in ttg-be set up)
4) when simply enlarging image, the filename isn't there but color labels are).
5) I did set up feedback in ttg-be and chose my "Alex's basic" in

oh and 6) (sorry) in my old gallery (CE2), there is an obvious "fill in" area for name, email and comments, where is that in CE4?

There are some more things but these are keeping me from actually using CE4 for  my new shoots.

any help is appreciated, qualified help will be compensated.
Alex

Last edited by alexmcknight (2016-02-06 07:25:14)

#2 2016-02-06 08:23:37

rod barbee
Website

Re: 5 problems in Client Response Gallery (CE4)

Hi Alex,

1) user cannot choose any images (check circles do not work)

It looks like the problem may be with the profile name: "Alex's basic". The apostrophe may be messing up the javascript. Try changing the name of the profile in TTG-BE CRG Admin and in the CRG LR plug-in. Export and upload again.

2) A) neither do any of the icons in the status bar (hide selected, dim selected, show all, submit feedback and B) the logout icon isn't even there - though it is in my "preview".)

First, the logout icon won't appear unless you're managing your clients (it's in Lightroom for styling purposes). You'll need to add Publisher to enable that feature. (see this post for explanations of all the deployment options)
But solving your issue #1 will likely solve the problem of the other features not working.

3) when user clicks on feedback (pencil icon) nothing happens - (in preview, the feedback page appears but it doesn't correspond to the feedback page I made in ttg-be set up)

Again, fix the feedback profile name and see if this problem goes away.
What you see in Lightroom is only there for styling. It will be replaced by what you've set up in your profile in the CRG Admin of TTG-BE

4) when simply enlarging image, the filename isn't there but color labels are).

Enable and configure this in Image Info > Title and Caption
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … y_metadata
And make sure the Captions and Headings are checked under Appearance > Large Image Presentation > Highslide Slideshow

5) I did set up feedback in ttg-be and chose my "Alex's basic" in

Addressed above. Try getting rid of that apostrophe.

oh and 6) (sorry) in my old gallery (CE2), there is an obvious "fill in" area for name, email and comments, where is that in CE4?

This will all appear when the user clicks on the submit button.
(see Matt's demo gallery here.)

The information you filled out (name and email) in TTG-BE Admin will be what's used to send you the email from the client.

One final thing. You're using version 6.1.1. The latest is 6.1.3. It's always a good idea to update to the latest version.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-02-06 11:08:29

alexmcknight

Oh Rod, I would call you a savior but I messed up my tasks before I could see the results of your experience. In a rookie mistake, I went to do the update from 6.1.1 to 6.1.3 and read the readme.txt as I dragged and dropped the new ttg-be folder and told the computer to "replace". Well, that messed up a few things because some things wouldn't let me modify them. So, I now have a totally messed up ttg-be file and based on the readme.txt, I probably lost all the data I built yesterday. On the bright side, that will take care of my " 's " problem in the Alex's basic feedback profile I created.
     In doing the upgrade, I also ran into this tidbit that I don't understand:

To update to CRG 6.1.3:

* Replace the **CE4-CRG.lrwebengine**, and restart Lightroom
  * Replace the **ttg-be/crg/application** directory

does the above mean, even though I downloaded a whole new tag-be file for 6.1.3 that I am ONLY to REPLACE the file named "application" that is inside the  "cry" file that is inside the tag-be folder I downloaded?

Not sure what I will do about my tag-be folder that is all messed up. any thoughts?

last but certainly not least, Thank you sir for your time and help.

#4 2016-02-06 11:23:40

rod barbee
Website

does the above mean, even though I downloaded a whole new tag-be file for 6.1.3 that I am ONLY to REPLACE the file named "application" that is inside the  "cry" file that is inside the tag-be folder I downloaded?

the crg/application and the crg/admin folders are both in the crg/, not in the ttg-be/ folder. (the crg/ folder gets placed inside the ttg-be/ folder)
So for a CRG update, yes. you only needed to replace the crg/application/ and the crg/admin folders.

If you replaced the entire ttg-be folder that means you need to start from scratch filling out your ttg-be admin stuff as well as recreating your CRG profiles.
When you replaced that whole ttg-be folder, you replaced the database with a fresh one.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2016-02-06 11:33:02

alexmcknight

that is much more clear than the directions in the readme.txt
thank you again Rod.

I think I can repair the damaged tag-be file because I just remembered my server runs "Time Machine". cross your fingers

Board footer