Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-10 17:34:51

HaraldJ
Website

Shipping option

The products for my online sales are digital copies (NOT downloads, I send them by email), and prints. All payments are by PayPal.

For prints I need, obviously, a shipping option, and having "by email" as one option wouldn't make sense. For digital copies it doesn't make sense to have physical shipping options.

I haven't been able to find if this is possible:

If an order contains no prints at all, I want either no shipping options, or a fixed default "by email".
If an order contains at least one print, I want shipping options, and NO "by email" option.

Many of my online customers are older and have little internet knowledge, so I need the options as clear and straightforward as possible.

Thanks!!!

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#2 2016-01-12 01:48:48

rod barbee
Website

Re: Shipping option

I don't believe that specific physical products can have specific shipping methods attached to them. It sounds like you've included "by email" as an option in your physical product (along with print size options). So the cart wouldn't be able to detect if someone orders a digital file versus a physical print. The only way that can happen is if the product is set to be a Virtual Product, which means a digital download.

If you create your digital "by email" product as a separat physical product and set the shipping to 0, then your clients could choose just that product and shipping would be zero. But if they chose the "by email" product and then chose a print product, the shipping cost assigned to that product will apply, with no extra cost for emailing the digital file.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer