Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-27 23:26:32

oddvar.tveito

Publisher-managed “Home” Page with slideshow, not grid of thumbnails

Hi all!
I recently bought the Web Publishing bundle, i.e. i don't own CE4 Stage. When setting up the site in Page, I selected to have a slideshow of recent images on my home page. Then I discovered the possibility to have Publisher managing the content of this slideshow. I have made and added a gallery template, but when following the tutorial on this, I got only a set of thumbnails on my home page, not the more cool slideshow i got throough Pages. I am not able to figure out how I make the Gallery template appear as a slidesow, not a grid of images. I don't think it looks very smart to only show a grid of small thumbnails on my home page. Another less severe problem is that the text on the home page also disappeared. So can anyone please tell me how to make a gallery template in CE4 Gallery that appears as a slideshow when I use Publisher to control the content?

Thanks and regards,
Oddvar Tveito

#2 2015-11-28 00:02:43

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher-managed “Home” Page with slideshow, not grid of thumbnails

Hi Oddvar,

If you want a Publisher controlled Galleria slide show for your home page you need Stage to create the needed template. (CE4 Gallery does not include Galleria)

Any text you want to include is added in the Page Content tab of the Create/Edit Album dialog. You'll notice a button that will allow the inclusion of ant template text.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-28 07:36:41

oddvar.tveito

Thanks for quick response and clarification. I think maybe you should make it more clear in the blog text about Publisher managed Home Page that a slideshow requires CE4 Stage. In my opinion, Publisher managed Home Page is not very attractive as long as the only thing you can present is a set of thumnails.

Thanks,
Oddvar

Last edited by oddvar.tveito (2015-11-28 07:38:45)

#4 2015-11-28 07:54:34

rod barbee
Website

I have no control over blog posts or documentation. But in the Blog post that serves as the tutorial for this, Stage is mentioned right at the beginning.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/2014/07/2 … home-page/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer