Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-09 21:52:05

stig

Some wishes for coming releases

I do not completely understand why, but in order to display my galleries correctly on ipads They must be opened in a new window from the index-page in order to display individual images correctly. I can achieve that today by modifying a setting to "true" in a file called autoindex-view. The same goes for sorting order in the index. My site starts with a redirection onto pages created by wordpress, www.brathaug.no/stig

The only problem is that everytime I export new autoindex-settings these values are reset to default again.

I would very much like these settings to be available as settings in the panel where the rest of the autoindex-settings are placed. I would then not have to manually edit the said file for every change in any setting.

Regards
Stig

Last edited by stig (2015-11-09 22:01:18)

#2 2015-11-09 23:04:29

rod barbee
Website

Re: Some wishes for coming releases

if these features are not incorporated, one thing you could do is keep a modified version of autoindex-veiw.php on hand and replace the exported file with this file.
If you're modifying existing autoindexes, then just upload all files except the autindex-view.php file.

I think the reason you need to set your galleries to open in a new window is that your index page is in a frameset, probably as a result of the redirect?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-09 23:14:43

stig

Thank you for your answer.

I suspect that I cannot always replace the file with an older file because at a given release even this file may be updated, but I can always Edit the files. The problem is just to remember to do it.

I also guess that the redirect-action is the source of my problems but I do not know how to avoid / fix the situation.

Stig

#4 2015-11-09 23:57:18

rod barbee
Website

I suspect that I cannot always replace the file with an older file because at a given release even this file may be updated

It's worth a try since this file is rarely changed. The last time was over a year ago (and was noted in the change log)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-11-10 14:19:41

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Your page should not be opening in frames. If that's something to do with your hosting, then you should contact them about it.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer