Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-05 09:29:41

dsegar

Additional metadata fields with output to single image page

I am trying to find the best way to add 2-3 additional metadata fields to the gallery/publisher process and output them as text (that I can format) under the image in the single image page.  I would also like to add some text to the same single page area that surrrounds the metadata text (labels that would remain the same on each sinlge image page). If anyone has already done this or something similar I would appreciate some help.  If not, does anyone have thoughts on the way this can be implemented?

#2 2015-11-05 09:41:13

rod barbee
Website

Re: Additional metadata fields with output to single image page

You can use several metadata fields in either of the two available display fields. Since you're using Publisher, just place the tokens one after the other with any preceding text as needed.

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ing_tokens

as far as modifying the single image pages, I don't think that's possible. It would need to be done via phplugins but there is no hook for single image pages.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-06 02:31:11

dsegar

Hmm.  I did know that you can use multiple metadata fields in each of the two slots available, plus additional text but that is less than satisfactory for what I require (the images are presented on the site as a guide to species identification so several informational items are necessary). 

I have not yet fully investigated how the single image page can, or can not be modified, but if there is a hook to phpplugins on the page so i will start from there.  I do have the option to the single image php page to display a cgi generated page (the method now used on my site).  I would prefer not to have to do that since it requires separate metadata text files to be generated and formatted, and the cgi script is not currently mobile friendly so I would need to deal with that too.

Last edited by dsegar (2015-11-06 04:24:15)

#4 2015-11-06 04:54:41

rod barbee
Website

you can see all the phplugins hooks and identifiers in the phplugins documentation. I don't see one for the single.php page though but there may be a way, using php conditional statements, that you could target any page containing 'single' in the page file name?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-11-06 08:27:39

Daniel Leu
Website

The single image page is not really hook friendly as I learned a while ago. This is how my single image page looks after some modifications: http://danielleu.com/galleries/united_s … single.php.

In order to avoid that I have to redo too many changes when I install a new gallery template file, I introduced my own hooks. So now I only have to add the hooks to my template file whenever I get a new update.

Daniel Leu | Photography   
DanielLeu.com
My digital playground (eg, Backlight tips&tricks): lab.DanielLeu.com

Board footer