Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-10 08:19:51

mrbill

Navigation through large images wraps within index page, not gallery

I've set up my galleries using the "Touch" large image presentation option for both desktop and mobile.  (Btw, I really like this option.)

I notice that when I have more than one index (thumbnail) page, navigation through the large images wraps within the current index page and not to large images on the next index page.  This occurs whether clicking "next arrow", sliding the image to see the next, or running the slideshow.

For example if I have 50 images in my gallery and 2 index pages, index page 1 with images 1-25, and index page 2 with images 26-50.   If I traverse the gallery through the large images or by slideshow, clicking "next" on image 25 shows image 1, not image 26.

Is there an option that allows large image navigation to traverse the entire gallery without having to place all gallery images in one index page?

Thanks.

#2 2015-10-10 08:28:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: Navigation through large images wraps within index page, not gallery

are you using Publisher or exporting and uploading galleries?

If I remember (I haven't tested this), but I think that if you're using Publisher to create albums that you might get the behavior you're after.

But with exported and uploaded galleries, only images displayed on the page can be shown large.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-10 10:16:10

mrbill

Thanks Rod.

I'm using CE4 Gallery only.

The free web engine TTG released last year "TTG 2014 HTML Gallery" navigates through all photos in a gallery, independent of the index pagination.  But, it uses a simpler engine and no "Touch" mode.

I'll take a closer look at Publisher to see if it might match better what I'm trying to do.  It wasn't clear to me from the online documentation what additional functionality it offered over Gallery or what functionality Gallery had that Publisher didn't.  One thing I do find is that Lightroom is very sluggish when operating in Web mode, so if Publisher frees me from that, that alone might make switching worthwhile.

#4 2015-10-10 10:50:11

rod barbee
Website

With Publisher you won't have to export and upload every gallery you want created. It's all done in the Publishing Services control pane. A much faster and more efficient way of creating albums. Plus, if you want to change styling on your albums all you need to do is change the template you use, upload that, and all the changes to the albums is instantaneous.

If I get a chance I'll test out the image to image navigation across pages in a Publisher album for Touch and let you know. Or maybe someone who's actually using it will chime in.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer